In this role you will:
- Lead one or more teams of data scientists to solve business problems and bring impact to the business units. This means:
- Partnering with stakeholders to understand how data and analytics can help the business unit achieve their strategic priorities
- Ensuring the quality of the data and analytics solution being built, and that it’s fit for purpose
- Working with stakeholders to develop a strategy on how to use data and analytics to generate the desired impact
- Continuing to work with stakeholders after deployment to ensure that impact is achieved
- Broad ownership of a portfolio of 2-4 projects, each with a project lead and a project team
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships throughout the organization
- Develop the team’s analytic and business problem-solving skillset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics/Statistics or Technology and 8 or more years of experience in the Predictive Analytics area
- Experience applying data transformation techniques such as exact and probabilistic matching methods; fuzzy matching, text mining, and data reduction
- Experience with programming and database mining tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Java, SQL, and Python.
- 2 or more years of Project Management level experience for projects with management consulting
- Experience in managing and developing people
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to craft and defend actionable solutions to business challenges
- Experience in using data and analytics, including data science, to solve business challenges and drive business impact
- Knowledge of statistical and data science models, e.g. GLMs, decision trees, clustering, association rules, ensemble methods
- Experience leading, managing, and coaching an analytics team
- Commercial property & casualty insurance knowledge and experience.