Cantor Fitzgerald is a diversified company primarily specializing in financial and real estate services for institutional customers operating in the global financial and commercial real estate markets. Over the past 70 years, we have successfully built a well-capitalized business across multiple business lines, with numerous market-leading financial services products and a large and growing commercial real estate business. We have been at the forefront of financial and technological innovation in our industries, developing new markets and providing superior service to thousands of customers globally.
Cantor Real Estate Investment Management is a real estate and alternative investment management firm, focused on the acquisition, financing, and management of commercial real estate properties and other real estate-related assets. Our platform develops public and private real estate-based investment programs, intended for distribution at the retail level through a network of independent broker dealers and registered investment advisors.
The AVP Senior Accountant is an integral member of the finance team, reporting directly to the Controller, participating in the accounting and finance processes and controls over internal and external financial reporting, regulatory reporting, operations and product control in relation to Real Estate Investment Management platform.
- Work with the Controller as a shared service model by utilizing internal finance team (AP, treasury etc.) , external fund administrator(s) and external transfer agent(s) activities for private placements, private equity funds, Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs), and an emphasis on public non-listed Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of month/quarter end close including General Ledger maintenance, expense accruals, intercompany activities, and accounting analysis
- Understand business transactions and GAAP in detail and leverage knowledge to prepare journal entries accurately
- Creation and implementation of processes and controls to enhance reliability of information
- Understanding of Fund Accounting, SEC reporting and disclosures, as well as Consolidations and Eliminations
- Interaction with SEC reporting, Corporate Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Product Control, Treasury and Cash Management in order to ensure proper accounting with GAAP
- Internal and External Reporting for all products/entities as well as the overall investment management business, inclusive of the Sponsor of the REITs
- Understanding of various legal agreements inclusive of debt, operating, and other agreements as applicable
- Work with 3rd parties such as the Transfer Agent, Tax Accountants, Auditors, and Fund Administrators on all operational, treasury and financial reporting obligations and develop a detailed understanding of all information and processes
- Calculation and disbursement of management fees (incentive and base mgmt. fees) and investor distributions
- Execute ad hoc projects from groups as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required and CPA license is preferred but not required
- SEC reporting, management reporting, and lender/ compliance reporting experience
- At a minimum 6-8 years of combined experience in a financial accounting group at an Investment Bank, fund management or broker dealer
- Direct experience and knowledge of commercial real estate, Non-listed REITs, investment management companies (Funds), and Delaware Statutory Trusts.
- Exposure to tax reporting, real estate property management accounting and solid grasp and understanding of pertinent existing and emergent accounting standards and pronouncements, specifically with regards to those most pertinent to the commercial real estate sector, REITs and Investment Management Companies.
- Ability to work independently and assume ownership of key functional tasks and responsibilities but also be a contributing member to the team’s goals and objectives.
- Some managerial and supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Technology proficiency and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is essential as candidate would leverage a number of software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Oracle general ledger accounting system a must
- Critical thinking, team-oriented views, attention to detail, communication skills, business writing and project management