$80K — $100K *
The AVP of Research and Sponsored Studies provides organization-wide leadership for the growth and further development of research and sponsored studies at Lakeland Regional Health. The AVP is responsible for implementing new and expanded structures and processes to advance and grow research, and has responsibility and accountability for the oversight of all research projects and functions in the organization.
This AVP will ensure that all research functions and studies at LRH meet regulatory, financial and strategic requirements set either internally, or by external regulatory or sponsoring agencies. The AVP will develop the budget and determine the allocation of resources within the Department of Research and Sponsored Projects, and will be responsible for recruiting staff and ensuring the ongoing training of staff members.
Reports to the SVP of Administration and Corporate Priorities and works closely with executive and medical staff leadership, GME office, supporting departments and partnering organizations to ensure an efficient, effective and compliant research processes at LRH.
Position DetailsDetailed responsibilities:
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
* Standard Work: AVP - Research and Sponsored Studies
- Research and Sponsored Studies Growth: Leads the implementation of new structures and processes in the LRH Research and Sponsored Studies Department to expand research, ensure compliance, enhance scholarly activities and develop a culture of scientific inquiry in the organization. Collaborates with executive staff, medical staff and other LRH departments to implement such structures and processes.
- IRB- Provides oversight of all IRB activities, including initial application, review and financial feasibility, and ongoing monitoring and compliance. In conjunction with the IRB chair, provides oversight to the IRB Administrator. At all times, ensures the protection of human subjects in LRH research.
- Research Priorities/Strategies- In conjunction with the Administrative Research Council, sets research priorities and strategies, as well as financial and scientific review processes for the organization.
- Research Support-Provides for the recruitment and education of all members of all the Research Department staff. Collaborates with supporting departments, including Finance, Legal, Compliance, IT/Tech, Quality/Analytics, Marketing/Communication, Radiation Safety and others to ensure research needs are met for the organization.
- Statistical Methods and Analysis- Provides oversight in the use of methods/measurements and statistical analyses for all research projects.
- Research Education- Ensures development, implementation and compliance with all required education for IRB committee members, PIs and co-PIs, research study team members, and LRH staff.
- Research Study/Clinical Trials Staffing- Supervises the manger, supervisors and clinical trial teams who are involved in research studies at LRH; collaborates with teams, including those at the Hollis Cancer Center, GME, Trauma, Pharmacy, Nursing and others to identify research project needs, ensure appropriate research methods/processes and support research throughout the organization.
- External Agency Liaison- serves as the liaison to external agencies involved in conducting or monitoring research at LRH.
* VP/AVP Capabilities
- Demonstrates accountability for strategic programs and service delivery within all areas of responsibility to support achievement of organizational priorities.
- Coaches leaders to support career growth and promotion and ability to lead and influence key stakeholders.
- Engages direct leadership team to leverage talent and embrace, sponsor and develop diversity of talent and capabilities.
- Directs and participates in direct leadership team development, performance management and engagement.
- Leads change by communicating a clear vision, influencing and motivating others, and encouraging to leaders to take on new opportunities.
- Assists Executive Leadership in the design of a healthy and safe culture that advances organizational, team and individual performance.
Qualifications & ExperienceEducation:
Education equivalent experience:
* Doctoral Degree (PhD, DNP, PharmD, DSc, etc. Required
Previous experience as a research Director or AVP at a mid-size organization with a history of progressive experience leading research.
Previous healthcare experience at a community teaching hospital or academic medical center.
Valid through: 2/16/2021
$80K — $100K
12 days ago
$120K — $140K + $8K bonus
15 days ago