This position will primarily be responsible for the maintenance and development of custom financialreports and input templates utilizing the Hyperion\Essbase reporting tools. These custom reports and templates utilize the SmartView addin and Visual Basic to provide the users with automated tools for retrieving and loading data to our cubes.
Secondary to this role, the position will be involved in the development of new Essbase cubes, as well as changes to existing cubes. In addition, the position will be participating in all phases of the build out of data interfaces to and from the cubes.
This position will require the ability to coordinate and facilitate design sessions with key Business Users to gather and document business/data requirements for new automated input templates and reports, or enhancements to existing ones. The individual in this position will also assist the system admins in the monitoring and running of daily and monthly processes, system maintenance and troubleshooting system issues.
Another key responsibility will be periodic status reporting to Management, as well as to Business and Team Leaders. The individual will also function as a “Team member” for any Hyperion related systems projects and User support.
This role isideal for an individual who has a well-rounded background that includes experience with SmartView and VBA, as well as a strong understanding of the overall Hyperion application. Additional beneficial skills include familiarity with the PeopleSoft General Ledger application (vers 8.4) and knowledge of the Hyperion Planning module.
The position will require the following skill set:
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience creating Hyperionreports (Hyperion Vers 220.127.116.11 or higher).
- Solid experience with Excel and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Strong experience with the entire Microsoft Office Professional Suite.
- Strong experience using the SmartView Add-in tool and related API.
- Experience using the Essbase Administrative (EAS) tools (outlines, security, calculations, load rules, etc.).
- Experience working with linked reporting objects.
- Exposure to Accounting and Finance concepts.
- Experience with Data Modeling and System Development Life Cycle
- Project Managementexperience including developing work-plans, managing multiple resource tasks, documenting, designing, testing and implementing both process & technical solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure in coordinating multiple tasks in a work/project environment.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal competencies along with detail-oriented and problem solving skills in the technology arena.
- Proficient in software documentation, from Design documents to User Procedures. Ability to document users specifications to be built by the technical Hyperion team.
- Experience with application testing including the creation of test scripts and documenting test results.