This position is responsible for the planning and coordination of releases and dependencies across the Moody's infrastructure and respective application groups. The person in this role will work within the Central IT organization and must have excellent communication and collaboration skills. The person will be required to improve the efficiency of the function utilizing automation and process streamlining while leveraging metrics and reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness.
Using DevOps principles to drive process improvements that reduce release times, lower risk and improve quality, while coordinating across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Work within, and improve upon, a governance framework to ensure all deployment requirements are satisfied
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams in support of major releases
- Periodically review team processes and procedures, then design and implement innovations in order to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Provide management reporting regarding Release Management quality and operations
- Responsible for release communication, preparation, and training activities
- Coordinate production requirements with Service Management
- Design and oversee master deployment plan creation for project and program releases
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years managing release, change and or configuration management activities
- Successful track record of process and delivery execution
- Experience in developing automation scripts a huge plus
- Experience with diverse application environment (client/server, web services, RDBMS, etc.)
The key competencies for this position include:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with stakeholders, staff, vendors and management.
- Individual demonstrates Moody's values, especially in the area of Leadership.
- Possesses broad and deep skills across disciplines and is willing to serve as a mentor to others.