Develop and manage new agricultural relationships while enhancing existing customer relationships. To achieve this, it is expected that the role be proactive in providing financial solutions to both existing and prospective clients. Also responsible for supporting the teams efforts in increasing the bank’s deposit base through various products. The candidate will develop sound and profitable business relationships, credit assessment and exceeding customer needs and expectations according to regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and services relationships by interviewing applicants and obtaining pertinent financial data.
- Evaluates pertinent financial information and determines whether a credit is an acceptable risk.
- Approves loans within assigned lending authority, and company policies and procedures.
- Recommends credits outside lending authority to the next level or presents to Loan Committee in accordance with established procedures.
- Ongoing monitoring of existing loans for conformity to terms and conditions, and accurate risk ratings.
- Actively participates with and assists other Relationship Managers on larger, more complex credits.
- Monitors market conditions, observing competitor impact and makes recommendations to maintain competitive and profitable product line.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of all commercial products including loans, cash management, and deposits to facilitate cross-selling in order to enhance the client experience.
- Analyze financial statements and related information.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have demonstrated skills in credit underwriting and business line portfolio management.
- Experience in underwriting/closing deals preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and tactful interpersonal skills.
- Superb people skills to work within a team environment and successfully develop and retain client relationships.
- Proven ability to cross-sell banking products, or similar financial services.
- Self-motivated to work independently and take ownership.
- Effective time management and organizational skills are required.
- Must be attentive to detail and accurate when analyzing financial statements and presenting a credit package for formal approval.
- This position requires the use of sound business discretion, good judgment, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations, compliance standards, market trends and products relating to the banking industry.
- Superior analytical and decision making skills based on a thoughtful assessment of risk.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business.
- Minimum three to five years of Agricultural Lending experience.
- Formal credit training program preferred.
Computer and Software Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and Google Mail.
- Salesforce and LinkedIn experience preferred.