About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position provides leadership, direction and functional expertise to ensure departmental results for the Omaha and Minneapolis Intermediary Sales. S/he will direct and motive his/her assigned sales team(s) to meet or exceed sales goals and set strategic priorities and activities within the region which will lead to an increase in sales revenue and market share within assigned Advisor, Registered Representative and/or Broker area of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to developing Intermediary Sales strategies which have substantial impact on sales revenue and increase in market share within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Anticipates and provides Intermediary Sales strategies/solutions to complex problems or trends.
- Develops, implements and oversees the execution of strategic sales and business plans for assigned Intermediary Sales region.
- Develops financialbudgets for assigned Intermediary Sales region.
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders and senior management to identify synergist/cross selling opportunities within the Lincoln Financial Group business portfolio.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight on assigned Intermediary Sales team(s) sales goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains sales programs with Intermediary Sales external clients within assigned region.
- Builds, enhances and maintains relationships with Advisors/Registered Representatives for assigned areas to drive sales results and build a comprehensive understanding of external partner's business, product and customer experience needs.
- Identifies Intermediary Sales external partner's business, product and/or customer experience needs and Collaborates with internal key stakeholders and senior management to service assigned territory.
- Directs and oversee sales promotion and product training meetings for assigned clients/customers and existing or prospective
- Delivers top and bottom line financial results, consistently achieves growth targets and profitability, and establishes sales growth and profitability targets.
- Analyzes benchmarks and performance metrics to track sales plan progress, effectiveness, return on spend and bottom-line impact.
- Identifies new business opportunities while managing and retaining existing business.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 10+ Yearsexperience in Intermediary Sales that directly aligns with the specificresponsibilities for this position, including 3+years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadershipexperience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholdersexperience(Required)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: 50-100%