$200K — $250K *
As an individual contributor QA Management position, the AVP QA Engineer position is responsible for leading large and complex Corporate Sponsored Projects and Production Maintenance efforts through inspection of Design Documents, creation of manual and automated test scripts, execution of those test scripts and entering and retesting any related defects. The AVP QA Engineer oversees teams of Senior and QA Engineers and contractors, and is responsible for the overview and cross application interdependencies. Deep knowledge of LPL systems and sub-systems is a must. The AVP QA Engineer acts like a Customer Advocate, understanding user scenarios, collaborating closely with UAT and a go-to person for BA’s, QA’s and sometimes new Developers as well. AVP QA Engineers also act as Application SMEs/Owners for QA and are responsible for improving Application Coverage and Quality through various Department Initiatives. Most often, the AVP QA Engineer position is assigned 50-75% Projects and 25-50% to QA Application Maintenance/Department Initiatives. Typically, the AVP QA Engineer position owns 3 to 4 large Applications and several Medium-size Applications. AVP QA Engineers serve as backups to QA Managers and often lead 8 to 15 geographically diverse QA Engineers.
Essential Functions: (List in order of importance and estimate the percentage of time spent.)
1. Leading Large/Complex Projects (Estimates, Test Strategies, Status Reporting, Test Automation and Day-to Day Assignments for QA Engineers and Senior QA Engineers.)
Ensuring and driving cross functional reviews of Requirements, Design and Code
Thorough understanding of LPL systems and sub-systems
Ensuring multiple assigned teams are performing well and conducting all QA activities as required
2. Application QA Ownership Activities (Master Test Plans, Automation Coverage, Training Documentation, etc.)
Make sure that Applications that the AVP Engineer is responsible for are updated and maintained regularly
3. Create or Execute Sanity, New Functionality and/or Regression Test Scripts documenting and retesting Software Defects. Review the work artifacts of engineers in the QA team assigned to the AVP Engineer.
4. Thought Leader in the QA organization , Bringing industry standard best practices and methodology to the Department. Mentor and role model
Other Job Duties:
1. Lead Team and Dept Process Improvement Activities and initiatives.
Minimum Education Required: BS College Degree in Computer Science related field or relevant equivalent and/or necessary Job Experience
Minimum Experience Required: (including years of experience) 10 years of QA experience or equivalent testing Web and/or Mobile Applications. 5 years experience creating, managing and driving automated test activities. Advanced knowledge of various Software Development Lifecycles, QA Methodologies and Test Techniques, Defect Life-Cycles, creation of Test Plan/Test Strategy documents. Proven ability to lead large/complex QA Projects and large teams of QA Engineers.
Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred:N/A but Financial Certifications would be a big plus.
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:Familiarity with Microsoft technologies is preferred, Industry Test Management and Defect Tracking Systems (HP Quality Center), Advanced SQL, Selenium, JAVA and communication/leadership skills.
Valid through: 9/4/2020
$100K — $150K
5 days ago