Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
CIT is in the process of initiating several strategic projects with long term impact. These projects at a companywide business and functional level will be sponsored by the Executive Management Committee members and their leadership teams. To support these leaders and effectively drive outcomes, we are looking for experienced senior Program & Project Mangers to lead cross-functional project teams in these high profile initiatives. This role provides highly specialized support to business and functional support units and is responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, implementation, control and completion of specific projects. This role will manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously that are tied directly to the corporate strategy. This role will require the PM to be directly connected to the topic, objective and results of the program. Additionally, it is anticipated that the PM will be in a position to provide advisory (consultative support) on the solution and implementation, including any re-engineering and optimization of the end-state model/results.
7+ years related experiencerequired (financial services and program/project management), with BS/BA degree, MBA preferred. . Experience in financial services industry - Commercial and Consumer Banking, Lending, Leasing preferred; with strong understand of the identifying project requirements and processes/procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Effective oral and written communications
- Strong influencing and negotiations skills
- Ability to function in a highly matrixed environment including experience managing in a complex matrix and with all levels of personnel
- The ability to effectively manage and navigate through the multi-faced disciplines throughout the firm
- Orientation to client, workflow, and system - end to end thinking of automation, cost reduction, error reduction
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem identification, problem solving, and independent decision making.
- Motivation and enthusiasm, and ability to take ownership of initiatives