About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position provides leadership, direction and functional expertise to strategically plan, direct, and coordinate activities for a team comprised of Project Managers and Scrum Masters. Additionally, the role will require that the team delivers on departmental results and goals or objectives that are established and accomplished within prescribed parameters. S/he will set and ensure the implementation and execution of delivery best practice standards and practices.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for delivery execution and assess the impact, collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Identifies Agile process identify ways in which the Agile practice at Lincoln can improve.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise and leadership to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure team effort is aligned to highest value tasks and organizational goals.
- Directs and evaluates team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Strategically develops, drives and supports the projects and programs for his/her assigned area(s).
- Anticipates and provides strategies/solutions to complex project management problems or trends.
- Provides leadership and advises senior management on project management strategies and risks and optimal project solutions to deliver desired business results.
- Provides strategic direction to team to ensure projects for his/her assigned area(s) meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments.
- Directs for his/her area(s) the coordination and management of resources and resource allocations for multiple ongoing complex projects, including: project planning, reporting, and monitoring the projects for resource contention and cost.
- Directs the project portfolio planning process to ensure proper linkage and coordination with assigned area(s) strategic planning and budgeting processes.
- Identifies opportunities to proactively mentor key business or project stakeholders of his/her assigned area(s) in completing complex business case and cost benefit analysis for key projects.
- Utilizes data and metrics to manage performance. Utilizes dashboards that provide senior management and key business stakeholders with quantifiable gauges of the delivery of business results.
- Develops and administers the departmental budget for his/her area(s); manages these budgets within expense goals.
- Analyzes assigned complex project and/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs and align/support operational plans/objectives and recommends complex mitigation plans.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 5+ Years of experience in project management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 2+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience (Required)
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements. #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.