Job Details: The AVP of Primary Care Practice Operations is a member of the Maine Medical Partners and Maine Medical Center Service Line leadership teams. Inpartnership with theMedical Director of Primary Care, the AVP leads the strategic planning, business development and implementation efforts for the largest primary care group in Maine.The AVP has oversite of 14locations with a total of 18 practicelocations including Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Academic Clinics with over 200k annual visits. The AVP of Primary Care oversees of 3 directors who in turn oversee 20 pracitice and clinical managers along with 142 clinical staff and 65 clerical staff.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)1. MBA or Master’s degree in related field.2. Minimum of five years progressive and relevant healthcare management experience.3. Physician hospital practice integration and applicable program development experience.4. Knowledge and experience in developing and overseeing the implementation of an annual business and strategic plans.5. Knowledge of the principles and practices of healthcare administration, fiscal management and government regulations and reimbursements.6. Knowledge of HR management practices including supervision and staff development.7. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives.8. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, physicians, executives and the public. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.9. Knowledge and understanding of financials including AP and AR.10. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.11. Proficient computer skills.12. Skill in organizing work to achieve goals and objectives.13. Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures.14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.15. Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.16. Travel between site locations required.
- Works with medical and administrative leaders to identify strategic opportunities. Establishes strategic relationship within the medical group, medical center, and across the MaineHealth system.
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation and successful achievement of the annual business and strategic plan for practices and service lines.
- Maintains a strategic view of sources of revenue for the practices.
- Recommends solutions and assists with the implementation of changes.
- Directly supervises the Director, Practice Operations for assigned practices, and facilitates goal setting, attainment and ongoing professional development.
- Maintains a close relationship with the Director, Practice Operations such that issues can be addressed in a timely fashion.
- Assists in the development of quality standards and provides assistance in measuring and reporting quality improvements.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of annual capital and operating budgets. Makes recommendations for funding based on thorough knowledge of policies, costs and operating procedures.
- Conducts a monthly financial review for the practices outlining progress regarding the implementation of the business plans and budget. Performs variance analyses and develops and implements mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with other members of Maine Medical Partners and service line leadership to ensure that opportunities are explored, developed and measured against quality, safety, and efficiency and cost targets.
Human Resources Management
- Participates in the selection, employment, development, performance reviews and management of employees and assists with recruiting and retaining of top physicians and management.
- Works together with the Director, Practice Operations for optimization of practice performance including clinical performance, staff performance and efficiency and asset utilization.
- Develops an effective partnership with all physicians and management.
- Represents the organization at public and professional meetings and conferences and in public relations, marketing and development activities.
- Participates as a member of the service line leadership team and associated councils.
- Maintains professional affiliations and commits to ongoing professional development activities to keep pace with the current trends in healthcare administration.
- Displays cooperative behavior. Interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment.
- Leads the practice by example with regard to work ethic, positive communication, effective leadership, ethical standards and achievement of results.
- Participates in facility improvements including construction, renovation and equipment purchases.
- Responsible for fostering and maintaining contractual relationships.
Promote a Culture of Safety
- Identify risks and hazards to patients and document mitigation efforts (i.e. monitoring safety events and completing action items, RCAs, and intensive reviews).
- Set targets and take steps to improve hand hygiene compliance.