Job Summary – The position is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of physician services within HealthTrust. Primary roles and activities include leading the clinical research team, the clinical education team, and the physician advisors team. These teams are responsible for working collaboratively to provide clinical input, education, and support to HealthTrust contracting teams, clinical operations and advisory boards, as well as to HealthTrust members for topics that are clinically sensitive. The research team members are responsible for clinical evidence research and preparing reports for contracting categories that are physician preference and/or clinically sensitive. Recruiting, integrating, and managing physician advisors to assist in these initiatives is the role of the physician advisors team. The teams led by this AVP also design and develop educational programs for HealthTrust staff, members and physicians, as well as communication platforms. This includes social media, online, video and written clinical content and speaking engagements.
- Provide leadership to clinical research team, clinical education team, and physician advisor team members.
- Clinical Research: Develop and coordinate systems and processes for clinical research by effectively understanding, prioritizing, researching, evaluating, analyzing and summarizing evidence and data for products in national agreement categories, new technologies. Provide written reports and presentations on categories and technologies as required as part of the contracting process. Ongoing evaluation of processes for improvements.
- Clinical Education: Develop and coordinate programs for HealthTrust to provide educational content that is timely and relevant. Primary education methods include HealthTrust University, The Source, Innovation Summit, webcasts, and professional society meetings. Othereducational events throughout the year include educational summits for membership (eg, pain, AMI), presentations of research findings and current topics in healthcare.
- Physician Advisor Program: Develop and coordinate systems/processes for physicians to be involved in national PPI and clinically sensitive contracting strategy. Develops, implements, and coordinates within HealthTrust utilization of physicians for speaking and other communication methodologies. Coordinate and provide content for physician advisor meetings and calls.
- Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs and challenges (HealthTrust staff, members, physician advisors).
- Continuously defines and improves customer solutions.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Lead the HealthTrust Physician Services programs
- Establish relationships with Physician Steering Committee members, clinical board leaders, and IDN supply chain leaders
- Assist with development of the strategic vision of the HealthTrust Physician Services Department
- Assist in development of clinical education content for members, physicians, and HealthTrust staff.
Bachelors’ or Master’s Degree in nursing or other advance clinical degree (MHS, MPH, PA) strongly preferred.
Clinical licensure (RN, RT, PA, NP) required.
Experience in an acute care hospital environment as an employee in a clinical procedure based area (Interventional cardiology, operating room) required, including direct experienceworking with specialist physicians. At least 10 years’ experience working in healthcare, GPO and/or supply chain operations. Requires prior director level or AVP experience in a healthcare setting which included managing individuals and/or teams.
Job Code: 10250-1864