HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree Required
10 years Management experience Required
AVP Patient Safety and Process Improvement position serves as the operational leader of the Patient Safety, Regulatory, Clinical Process Improvement, and Patient Relations functions for the enterprise within the quality division. Works closely with executives, physicians, leaders, and other internal and external stakeholders to establish programs that create strategic alignment, value, and efficiency across the organization. Shapes the organization's strategy as it relates to safety and process improvement on the journey to high-reliability and safest care of every patient every time.
- Responsible for oversight and execution of the Patient Safety, Regulatory, Process Improvement, and Patent Relations programs and governance model that supports organization wide goals and objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement in efficiency and high reliability. Determines method for prioritization and processes to triage and manage incoming requests. Creates a system to continually track and improve the intake, triage, and management processes to ensure ongoing strategic alignment with organizational priorities and goals.
- Provides direction, management, and oversight for network-wide systems and processes related to safety events and patient complaints.
- Oversees staff and ensures adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies and financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
- Accountable for network-wide compliance with state and federal licensing regulations, CMS conditions of participation, and accrediting body standards. Accountable for the organization’s Quality Management System and accreditation survey process.
- Collaborates with hospital, service line, and population health leaders in developing Service Partnership Agreements. Continually evaluates Service Partnership Agreements with stakeholders to ensure established goals are being met and methods of partnership and support are still effective in meeting hospital, service line, and population health goals.
- Collaborates with Information Technology and operations to ensure optimal use of information systems in collecting, analyzing and distributing information related to patient safety. Responsible for vendor management of relevant software applications and the relationship with our Patient Safety Organization (PSO).
- Responsible for communication, change management, and education efforts to stakeholders and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.