Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.Business Overview:The Public Sector Lockbox business is a 24/7 operational unit which provides a variety of services to government clients to assist them in managing their receivables and important documents. The functions of this business include Mailroom, Batching, Scanning, Dispatch and Data Entry for a variety of clients. A successful candidate must be able to work most holidays and weekends, and successfully complete the background and Treasury File process.Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for this position is to manage the daily production activities of the team including appropriate resource allocation, setting and reviewing performance goals, monitoring functional and shift-level metrics, ensuring all client SLA’s are met.
- Serve as the primary first point of escalation for staff members and internal and external clients.
- Responsible for managing a team of 15+ staff members that fluctuates based on seasonal volumes and temporary staff hiring.
- Setting individual performance plans, providing coaching and feedback through a formal review process including productivity and quality metrics, attendance metrics and development/training needs.
- Create and monitor appropriate metrics for the functional area, shift, and site. Ensure overall operating efficiency by maintaining standards for conduct, quality, performance and productivity and addressing corrective action when necessary.
- Regularly monitor quality reports and eliminate client-impacting defects through coaching and process redesign.
- Network/navigate within the organization in order to troubleshoot escalated issues and resolve.
- Identify opportunities to implement process improvements and expense-reduction enhancements.
- Actively lead Lean project teams, client projects, or other internal initiatives.
- Ensure communication with peers across shifts is frequent, maintained and consistent.
- Provide timely and accurate resolution to all issues.
- Within a strictly regulated environment, adhere to all departmental policies, client requirements, and compliance guidelines. Identify control deficiencies and implement appropriate procedures to mitigate any risk.
- Participate on client calls as needed.
- Serve as deputy for the Senior Transaction Services Manager as needed.
- Visible across site and businesses through participation in site-wide committees, councils and projects.
- A demonstrated history of strong interpersonal skills and positive peer engagement experience in a diverse environment
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required, in lockbox operations environment preferred
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience required
- Must have strong attention to detail and solid time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately respond under pressure and effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Schedule flexibility as management team works 24/7 and meeting times vary
- Intermediate Microsoft Office required
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills across diverse audience and levels
- Ability to provide leadership in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to quickly grasp operational processes and understand training
- Strong ‘influence management’ skills
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Able to attend management meetings off-shift as needed
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency (green card) is a prerequisite for this position
- Must pass an extensive background check (renewed every 5 years)
- High School diploma or GED required