The Operational Risk Oversight (ORO) Function is responsible for independent assessment and oversight of the Bank’s operational risks in order to improve outcomes and to strengthen resilience.
Your role as an Operational Risk Business Oversight Officer:
We are looking for you to lead our Business Operational Risk Oversight (ORO) Team, which is staffed by senior analysts who are assigned to cover each of the Groups in the Bank. The Team is responsible for analysis of operational processes, risks, and controls; providing expert advice on operational risk management; and supporting the implementation of the Operational Risk Framework. You will report to the ORO Function Head and will manage the activities of the Business Oversight Team
- Independently assess and oversee operational risk to enhance the Bank’s resilience and improve outcomes.
- Strengthen the Bank's approach to operational risk management including the integration of operational risk into the Bank's resiliency strategy.
- Lead and develop the staff of the Business Operational Risk Oversight Function and maintain alignment of skills and capabilities with leading practices.
- Manage and enhance the core elements of the operational risk oversight program including the Operational Risk Framework, Risk and Control Self Assessments, and Risk Event Management, the Operational Risk Assessment for the Bank’s Risk Profile.
- Enhance guidance, training, and tools to improve the Bank’s operational risk management.
- Work with and influence all partners to inspire positive change and well-coordinated, value-added approaches to risk management.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive and proven track record of effective oversight of operational risks including at least five years in a leadership role.
- Proven ability to identify risks, evaluate risks and controls, assess options, and escalate material concerns based on sound judgment, analysis, and experience.
- Demonstrated success leading change efforts through effective collaboration with stakeholders, development of standards-based solution options, and adaptability to the overall objectives of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with openness to feedback, strong desire to learn and improve, and ability to develop trusted relationships through demonstration of understanding of other viewpoints.
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and transform complex issues and data into meaningful and actionable information for decision-makers.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage a portfolio of projects using project management techniques to ensure timely completion and high-quality deliverables.
- Consistent demonstration of the highest levels of personal and professional integrity