Support model validation initiatives related to quantitative analytic modeling with the Synchrony Model Governance and Validation team.
- Serve as a key contributor and lead analyst supporting independent model validation for credit scoring decision models;
- Lead the review and maintenance of relevant model and model validation documentation, perform in depth analysis on large data sets, and prepare analysis and reports to support discussions on key analytics and model risks;
- Work closely within the Risk organization to validate accuracy and performance of statistical models and to identify issues requiring further investigation;
- Validate external vendors’ models to ensure accuracy and relevancy;
- Provide independent model review and validation services and support across functions at Synchrony Financial;
- Liaise with the Synchrony Financial business teams to uncover and highlight model riskassociated with models; and
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risktechnology (vendor and in-house) and financial services industries in order to provide expert guidance to the Synchrony Financial functions.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related or related quantitative field is required, and 2 years of work related experience in risk analytics position.
- In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent, in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field and 5 years of work related experience in a statistical modeling risk analytics position.
- Two (2) years of experience with statistical tools like SAS, Python, R, Advanced Excel Macros, and / or SQL;
- Statistical analysis and the handling large amounts of data and analyzing for trends;
- Proven model development experience;
- The application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12); and
- Utilizing modeling techniques supporting one (or more) of the following: Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and / or Decision Models (Behavior, Credit, Fraud, etc.
Job ID: 1800000013