The AVP role will directly manage a team of associates dedicated to provide Ratings & Research (R&R) with the required analytical information and analysis. The manager will coordinate and direct associate workload as well as ensure the analytical work produced for R&R is of appropriate quality, and enhanced by applying the appropriate judgment and experience. In addition, the AVP will support RRS management to attract, hire, develop, motivate and retain talented junior analytical staff.
The AVP role is an internally facing role requiring strong collaboration with other RRS groups to successfully deliver on the RRS operating model.
This is a critical role providing incumbents with management experience, extensive interaction with associates and managers in RRS and the opportunity to shape RRS and the broader RRS/R&R relationship.
- Direct credit-related management of associates including:
- Management of analytical work quality and consistency for assigned portfolio produced by associates. Provide analytical oversight to associates including:
- Review of quantitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data.
- Review research produced on specific issuers, general credit trends, or sector related issues.
- Implement appropriate QA on associate analytical work.
- Ensure high quality analytical work is provided to R&R in accordance with agreed parameters/Service Level Agreements; strong collaboration with R&R is expected to enhance the quality and timeliness of the credit analysis.
- Manage associates’ portfolio/workflow allocation; review responsibilities periodically and suggest potential changes to next level manager; coordinate work demands from various stakeholders:
- Assign associates to discrete work items and credit portfolios as appropriate; assign ad hoc tasks to associates as appropriate.
- Partner with RRS Management to ensure that work gets assigned to appropriate levels within RRS.
- People management responsibilities of associates include:
- Participate in recruitment, selection and onboarding activities for “class” and ad hoc hiring.
- Manage performance evaluation process of associates; provide ongoing coaching and feedback to associates as appropriate.
- Identify and monitor high performing associates and provide input into the promotion process.
- Drive stronger performance management culture by identifying and proactively managing underperformance.
- Mentor and develop staff, including facilitation of career development planning and opportunities; Encourage employees to take responsibility for their career goals.
- Assign relevant training to support associate development (e.g., methodology, asset class training).
- Proactively seek opportunities to identify and enhance existing process efficiencies, scope and transition new work flows.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- At least 5-7 years’ experience of credit and ratings analysis (banking and/or corporates).
- Experience/desire to manage, train and mentor junior support associates.
- Familiarity with Moody’s rating process and services; analyst workflow; compliance policies and procedures; rating business regulatory requirements.
- Service-orientated, to ensure RRS associates receive strong, timely support and both R&R & RRS groups are working effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated and enterprising, with leadership and project management skills.
- Posses a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Organized in carrying out responsibilities, possessing strong time management skills and a high level of focus
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Capable of achieving high level of credibility with analysts and broader MIS functions.
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize as business priorities change.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish or English and Portuguese required (all three languages are preferable).