About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will be responsible for delivering strategic consumer insights and analysis to influence change, drive decision making, inform strategy across Lincoln’s Life and Annuity businesses. S/he will be accountable for defining, leading and drawing actionable insights from research to provide a thorough understanding of consumer attitudes, behaviors, needs and interests. S/he will provide strategic insights backed with qualitative and quantitative research to advise senior leadership on product development, customer experience and innovation.
- Develops deep understanding of industry landscape, emerging trends, business drivers, consumer attitudes, behaviors, needs
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate
- Directs and execute all phases of market research including shaping discovery, informing, scope, recommending approach and vendors, instrument design and development, managing vendors, analysis and reporting.
- Manages project details from initiation through completion, meeting with internal clients to assess protocols, advising on execution, proactively recommending or rethinking research requests, monitoring data collection and data analysis.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings from quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Creates actionable, compelling and effective reports, presentations and other communications from research findings.
- Grow foundational market research skills and facilitate developing best practices and research protocols within Consumer Insights team to bring value to overall team effort and outputs
- Partner with Consumer Insights team on broader generational behavioral research initiatives.
- Investigate, identify and create research programs and protocols to be address Lincoln's growing consumer research needs.
- Analyzes data, assessing appropriate market research tools for application and developing findings
- Identify spot trends and draw insights from primary and secondary research
- Serves as a Champion and educates internal partners on the value of consumer research and insights to all phases of business growth and strategy.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 10+ years of experience in consumer marketing research; including 3+ managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience with Gen X and Y, as well as mass affluent/mass market, attitudes and behaviors preferred.
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information. Expert
- Creatively approach data analysis, assessing appropriate market research tools for application and developing findings iteratively as layers of information unfold and additional analysis is required; ensure output is positioned in such a way as to inform the business and drive topline growth.
- Ability to spot trends and draw insights from primary and secondary research; strong synthesizer and connector of information; creative thinker who is able to re-combine information in ways that will allow Lincoln to achieve demonstrable growth.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style.
- Ability to build solid relationships cross-company to deeply understand their business needs and demonstrate how insights can be leveraged
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Exhibits strong bias for action.
- Ability to influence and execute effectively in highly ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrates deep intellectual curiosity and passion for learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, leading team in a matrixed environment. Expert
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.