Accountable for the development and delivery of strategic and annual business development plans. Work with direct reports, matrix reports, distribution leaders and regions to develop sales plans and strategies to meet growth targets.
• Set challenging and realistic sales targets for team members to reach MPW sales targets.
• Identify and develop new relationships with Advisors, MGAs, Investment Dealers and third parties including accountants.
• Ensure appropriate structure, processes and compensation plans are in place to achieve or exceed sales targets.
• Develop and implement marketing and advertising plan, budget, and program.
• Focus on expanding direct to client marketing and sales.
Management of Business Development Teams and Investment Counseling Team
• Oversee requirements in recruitment, compensation practices, promotions, development, rotations and training.
• Ensure regional structures are appropriate as MPW grows.
• Create and implement active coaching and development plan for all direct reports along with matrix reports, so as to increase their competency and effectiveness in achieving personal and team goals.
• Facilitate managing talent across the business units for development and succession.
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities across diverse management groups.
• Demonstrate strong sr. leadership skills in direction and influence as a member of the sr. management table in managing the operations of the entire business as well as setting future strategy and direction
• Build strong employee involvement, engagement and collaboration within and across MPW teams
• Actively manage individuals focusing on development, talent management and differentiation of talent
• Be a key face and voice of MPW
• Ensure overall alignment between goals and sales compensation to maintain a highly motivated salesforce
Investment Line of Business
• Ensure that investment proposals and investment policy statements for HNW clients meet MPW and regulatory standards. Manage and focus on the Investment Counsel Support team to build efficiencies and standard processes.
• Participate and take a lead role, as senior statesman, in key Advisor / client presentations.
• Take the lead role in developing (adding / removing, etc.) the MPW investment platform in accordance with compliance policies and subject to the core MPW Investment philosophy
• Work with Compliance and Operations leads to ensure that policies and procedures continue to evolve to meet the needs of the business while ensuring that operational, regulatory and reputation risk are appropriately managed.
• Within guidelines and budgets provided, actively manage discretionary spending.
• CFA designation (or equivalent) preferred with the ability to obtain all appropriate registrations with provincial securities commissions for the purpose of supervising a team of registered portfolio managers.
• MBA or business degree in Business/Marketing or related fields.
• Strategic thinking with good judgment and strong understanding of process.
• Extensive and thorough knowledge of Financial Services industry - with 15+ years of progressive and diverse experience in the investment sector.
• In-depth understanding of the HNW competitive environment, including experience managing HNW clients directly
• Excellent business planning, project management and time management skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills in forming trusting, candid relationships with partners and clients.
• Success in developing and launching brands and/or new products.
• Resilient and adaptable (working under extreme business pressures/stresses).
• Ability to work with the ambiguity associated with building a brand-new business.
• Polished professional capable of dealing with sophisticated clients with highly complex needs.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Leadership and people management skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and manage accomplished professionals while modeling corporate core values
• Organizational ability to coordinate resources to deliver on business objectives.
• Adept at building rapport and establishing relationships with networks of contacts from a broad range of distribution partner firms and industry organizations.
• Professionalism (honesty, integrity, fairness, ethics and conduct).
• Self assured/confident.