About Dorilton Capital:
We prefer to create value over the long term by reinventing cash flow while avoiding excessive leverage.
We work actively with existing management teams recognizing that long-term business success is the result of a team effort. Dorilton views its role as providing additional capital for acquisitions and growth projects and support and expertise to take its companies to the next level.
We partner with companies that are led by strong management teams and have a successful history and culture. We firmly believe in our companies continuing with the elements that made them successful.
About the Assistant Vice President (AVP):
The M&A Operations team is responsible for managing the operational and commercial aspects of the deal lifecycle and supports Dorilton and its portfolio companies with the execution of M&A opportunities. Specifically, the team leads operational and commercial due diligence, integration planning, strategic acquisition goal setting, and merger integration execution. This is done by closely partnering with Dorilton leadership, functional experts, and portfolio company management. Leveraging years of M&A consulting and operations experience, the team’s goal is to drive operational value through the acquisition process.
The M&A Operations team plans to ensure that each acquisition is positioned to deliver long-term growth aligned with the investment thesis. As deal flow increases, the team has the task of bringing structure and repeatability to the way Dorilton acquires and integrates bolt-on and platform companies.
- Closely partner with portfolio company executives to drive achievement of strategic goals and integration tasks
- Lead operational and commercial diligence workstreams, including management discussions, to understand the current-state operations, opportunities that exist, and future-state implications of the acquisition
- Assess cost and revenue base of target businesses to estimate synergy opportunities and set post-close goals; partner with Investments team to build synergies into valuation models
- Partner with the Investments team to develop, refine, and support the inorganic growth plan of our portfolio companies (e.g. identify core service requirements, prioritize new market expansion, define optimal acquisition target size)
- Communicate diligence findings to Dorilton and portfolio company leadership and draft storyboards to articulate key deal points (e.g. opportunities, risks)
- Oversee the development of day one / integration plans, set post-acquisition strategic goals (e.g. accelerate EBITDA growth, expand to a new market)
- Manage junior team members and advise on how to continuously refine acquisition playbooks and reporting capabilities to continuously make integrations more streamlined and efficient
- Liaise closely with functional experts (e.g. HR, finance, in-house counsel) through diligence and integration planning to implement change in acquisition process
- 6 – 10 years of experience in M&A consulting, strategy/operations consulting, or corporate strategy
- Bachelor’s degree required. Significant coursework in a business, economics, finance, engineering, and/or quantitative discipline is preferred. MBA is preferred
- Ability to work across simultaneous workstreams and tight timelines
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English
- Willingness to travel 40%-60%