Job Purpose and Scope:
Under general direction of the Closing Manager and President of MMCRE, responsible for directing and coordinating loan closing functions for the Carolina Division.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for directing the loan closing process for the MMCRE Division, including but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and understanding the lending parameters of each transaction;
- Managing the utilization of outside counsel activities to limit overall costs to Bank’s borrowers;
- Engaging appropriate legal counsel;
- Coordinating all Bank closing activities with various parties to ensure a timely and efficient closing;
- Reviewing, evaluating, address and approving various due diligence items (unresolved issues to be forwarded to Closing Manager or President MMCRE Division;
- Drafting and reviewing all wiring and closing documentation;
- Managing communications with Little Rock and Ozarks office to insure streamlined closing;
- Gathering, assembling and reviewing all items needed to develop a complete lending transcript; and
- Managing and resolving all communication issues with Ozark and Little Rock involving post-closing items and transcripts.
- Responsible for assisting with the resolution of loan administration issues, including “following-up” on exception items, post-closing items, and all loan billing.
- Handle customer calls and research items for problem resolution.
- Maintain good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Drive an automobile on company business.
- Assist President MMCRE Division with other Bank-related opportunities.
- Provide assistance to others in the Charlotte office as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Superior analytic and logistical skills.
- Substantial knowledge of real estate.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss, in a professional manner, complicated issues and opportunities with substantial real estate owners and developers.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with exacting deadlines.
- Ability to drive an automobile on company business.
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- Photocopy/Scanning Machine
- Facsimile Machine
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
- Managing people
- Working with exacting deadlines
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Managing multiple priorities
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years experience as a paralegal or loan closer, involved in closing large commercial real estate transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) years experience with Computer including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.