As the AVP, Life & Claims Customer Contact Center, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the Life & Claims Customer Contact Center across multiple sites with multiple distinct teams. You will be focused on delivering competitive, operationally efficient, and compliant services that place Lincoln at the forefront of the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to business unit/operational and enterprise strategy creation for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and plans strategies, anticipating what is ahead; and prioritizes business, team and individual objectives based upon the enterprise and business vision, mission, values and goals.
- Ensures effective customer relations with sales force through communications, problem solving, and servicing philosophy.
- Ensures team members understand the strategic implications of decisions, monitoring and execution of the decisions taken.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and controls methods to assure compliance with state and federal regulations, and legal and audit requirements. Ensures the effective and efficient management of the day-to-day operations.
- Establishes business partnerships and alliances across the organization and industry; finds common interests and mutually beneficial grounds to help achieve business objectives.
- Establishes service metrics that meet or exceed customer expectations. Operate within budget and continually seek opportunities to contain cost.
- Guides and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to achieve key business results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Oversees, directs and controls activities supporting systems design and enhancements to relating department operations.
- Prioritizes across multiple stakeholders demands to ensure that resources are coordinated; balances short-term considerations with long-term goals; and manages overlapping time lines and competing expectations.
- Proactively develop, maintain, and maximize positive business relationships with distribution channels. Partner with our distribution leaders to resolve requests/issues.
- Proactively looks for opportunities to mentor and advance the career of others.
- Provides thought leadership and functional expertise to internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Sets the standard through daily actions that a diverse and inclusive workplace/culture is a key element in one's business and professional success. Understands how and coaches others to leverage differences to create innovative outcomes.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
- FINRA S6 within 12 months of hire
- 10+ Years Experience in client-customer support and operations that aligns to the responsibilities of this role, including 3+ years experience of managerial, supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior/executive management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.