We are seeking a self-motivated lawyer to join our corporate legal team in one of our North Carolina offices (either Raleigh or Greensboro). This position is best suited for an individual with the ability to lead a variety of tasks and to support executive-level employees.
- Global facilities support, including support for negotiating commercial lease agreements, brokerage agreements, ancillary lease agreements and reviewing LOIs.
- Negotiate and draft a variety of technology related contracts and agreements including SaaS, software licensing, outsourcing agreements, confidentiality agreements and data security schedules/agreements.
- Create, maintain and serve as a subject matter expert on a variety of template agreements for use across the organization.
- Review and advise on a variety of other third party and internal contracts.
- Work on other projects and corporate initiatives as assigned.
- 2-5 years of hands on experience in a law firm or in-house role including experience with highly regulated clients or prior experience in the insurance or financial services industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with business clients at all levels, attorneys, and administrative staff.
- Experience with data privacy and/or information security requirements (US and non-US)
- Solid legal analysis and writing skills
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to influence both internal and external parties.
- General understanding of corporate operations, including facilities/commercial leasing, IT operations, software licensing, and other commercial agreements.
- Familiarity with public companies
- General corporate law fundamentals (contracts review) and experience in preparing basic corporate documents (minutes, agendas, etc)
- Team player and ability to pivot easily between topics and tasks
- Preferred experience (but not mandatory) with multi-national entities
- Completion of 4-year degree
- JD from accredited law school