Establish efficient and effective workout strategies on high risk criticized loan relationships. Work in concert with Executive Management, the Workout Group Manager, Regional Commercial Loan Leaders and Regional Lenders in implementing the workout strategies with a goal of improving corporate asset quality at a minimal cost to the Bank. Loan portfolio will consist of medium-sized, medium-to-high-risk criticized, commercial loans from various lines of business. Work with Strategic Services, Loan Review and other internal departments to insure that all administrative reporting and compliance tasks are completed on time and are of the highest quality.
- Key Accountabilities:Manages specific commercial credits with the dual goal of speedy resolution of any issues and maximizing the Bank’s return. Must be sensitive to maintaining a positive and professional image for the Bank in the marketplace.
- Provides advice and counsel on specific impaired assets and participates in discussions regarding the adequacy of the Allowance for Loan Losses.
- Works in collaboration with other leaders in Commercial and Credit/Risk Management (i.e.; Commercial Lending, Legal, Loan Review, Documentation, Compliance, Credit) to achieve the goals of the Bank.
- Will also provide assistance and support to the entire Workout Team in an effort to maximize efficiencies and develop an experience level for further workout advancement.
- Works closely with Bank counsel (external and internal) to ensure the Bank maximizes recoveries and that all actions preserve the Bank’s rights.
- Often participates in the due-diligence process of M&A process.
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- Education:Bachelor’s degree
- Ongoing industry related and management education
- Formal credit training
- Experience:5+ years of workout and troubled loan experience critical
- Commercial lending experience
- Commercial underwriting experience