Role Summary / Purpose:
The Payment Solutions P&L at Synchrony Financial is a leading provider of promotional financing for major consumer purchases. We enable customers across industries like furniture and flooring, electronics and appliances etc. to finance large purchases at over 60,000 partners. Our continuing partner growth and expansion of digital product capabilities will be directly related to your input, influence and role.
This position will be responsible for identifying digital solutions to help support new client growth and leading the transition to implementation and integration. You will work hand in hand with our sales and business development teams to understand a retailer’s operating environment, and pair it with potential Synchrony solutions. The successful documentation and transition of solution to requirements for execution is paramount to onboarding clients efficiently. Additionally, this role will be critical in identifying future product opportunities to evolve with Synchrony partner needs and an evolving retaillandscape. You will have a hand in many of the most critical projects and initiatives across our business.
- We will rely on you to help prepare responses and presentations for potential consumer experience and technical integration aspects related to potential partner RFP’s. Your ability to demonstrate domain expertise and effectively match and communicate Synchrony solutions to partners is critical in our ability to win business and grow our partner portfolio.
- You will take partner feedback from client interactions to incorporate into product enhancements or new product development. Responsibilities will include assisting in creating business requirements, using those to develop functional and technical specifications. You will also work with agile development teams to help submit epics, stories and prioritize the backlog. You will be a critical piece of the product management of our digitalretail toolset. An ability to plan for the fNeiduture and develop a roadmap of features to assist in creating it is essential.
- Additionally, you will be in a very diverse role in the organization with the ability to touch and affect a large number of initiatives. You will be helping to drive strategy across the Payment Solutions business, as well as share and incorporate strategy across our other P&L’s, the expectation is that this role will involve a lot of influence across many business functions.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field, with a 3+ years of experience in IT; or in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 5+ years of experience in IT
- Project managementexperience with demonstrated clear ownership of deliverables, costs and schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical peers
- Ability to travel up to 25% of your time (mix of Synchrony locations and client sites)
- Experience managing IT relationships with external clients, sales related experiencepreferred
- Experience in retailbanking or financial services industries
- Experience in both waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Ability to understand functional requirements and transition to technical requirements
- Experience with common middleware and integration technologies
Job ID: 1700004506