Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance to multiple agile and/or infrastructure and operations teams that support various business and technical capabilities, services, or functional areas of IT. They focus on implementation and delivery aspects, by leveraging technology or technical capabilities to enable, enhance or transform business capabilities or services.
They are instrumental in the implementation of the portfolio roadmap and ongoing portfolio management activity, taking into consideration technical, financial and people resources for successful execution and delivery. They develop and cultivate both IT and business partner relationships and effectively communicate and execute IT plans in support of the IT or business goals and objectives.
• Salesforce at Unum is utilized by over 2,000 internal users across the full Customer lifecycle with growing external user base of Clients and Brokers. Salesforce is our CRM platform with significant integrations into both our legacy and other cloud-based applications. The platform is at the core to our digital strategy with bold delivery goals to better enable our sales force with capabilities and analytics to drive growth, create a Brokerexperience that fits their digital needs and provide a legendary digitalexperience for our Clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- 8-10 years experienceworking within a Salesforce development environment, including 5+ years as a technical lead.
- Salesforce Certifications
- Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce, Certified Platform Developer I, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II (or previously issued Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer),
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- MBA or masters degreepreferred
- Proven leadership in executing IT plans successfully that enable technical or business capabilities and address technology or business priorities.
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean/Service Management leadership principles.
- Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encouraging others to do so; empowers innovative approaches by motivating others to be proactive and resourceful.
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge and skills in one or more functions, technologies or industries.
- Able to apply broad business and technology understanding of internal and external trends and capabilities, to ensure successful implementation of IT plans.
- Able to communicate a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the process.
- Demonstrates a capacity for strategic and critical thinking.
- Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in their intentions and those of the organization.
- Demonstrates depth of IT knowledge with a diverse technical experience; is seen as execution and delivery focused.
- Strong knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices and regulations.
- Knows how to make and sustain a business case through effective benefits management and demonstrates the ability to make and take responsibility for, adventurous and innovative decisions on major technical and service delivery issues.
- Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills, and the capability to listen and influence.
- previously issued Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer), Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant, and Salesforce Certified
Platform App Builder certification.