Moody's Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Moodys Shared Services - MIT
IT Service Management Systems team drives process excellence across IT, ensuring timely delivery of IT services to our end-users and customers.
Core Purpose of Role: Overall responsibility for managing Moody's Configuration Management and Hardware Asset Management process as enabled by the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and IT asset database in Moody's ServiceNow.
- Continuous Process Improvement of Configuration Management and Hardware Asset Mgmt
- Delivery of the strategy for the CMDB and IT Asset Mgmt (hardware only)
- Continuous Improvement of current standards, processes, and procedures with respect to CMDB and ITAM (hardware only).
- Focus on maximum levels of process automation throughout all areas
- Strong collaboration with stakeholders including customers, internal staff and vendors to understand challenges and gain consensus on improved system and operational solutions
- Regular review of current data model, processes, procedures and tools
- Proactive identification of data and functionality gaps in ServiceNow CMDB and auto-discovery
- Proactive identification of audit or control related risks
- Usage of industry best practices where possible e.g. ITIL, IT4IT, TOGAF, etc.
- CMDB, IT Asset Database, and Auto-Discovery Management:
- Definition of the logical and conceptual data model for the CMDB
- Delivery of a single source of truth for all configuration items e.g. applications,
- Design of CMDB for specific use cases as needed e.g. patching and vulnerability management, request automation, business continuity management
- Management and improvement of auto-discovery processes and procedures, ensuring alignment with ServiceNow-recommendations for CMDB and discovery configuration
- Delivery of new CMDB solutions such as optimized discovery schedules, new data structures, interfaces to other systems or ServiceNow modules.
- Delivery of improvements by working in collaboration with various stakeholders including ServiceNow engineers, customers, infrastructure, and information security partners.
- Integration of industry best practices into all designs
- Configuration Management and ITAM Steady State Governance
- Delivery of regular process reports and analysis on data quality, ensuring services levels are met or exceeded
- Management and maintenance of existing configuration management processes and procedures. Update of standards documentation on a regular basis
- Oversight of data uploads
- Troubleshooting of any fundamental system or process issues, as needed e.g. auto-discovery credential errors, duplicate or missing data
- Management and prevention of unauthorized changes to the CMDB
- Timely resolution of CMDB problems or incidents
- Enforcement of data integrity across the CMDB
- Support of SOX audits and other control testing
- Execution of periodic CMDB data certification campaigns
- Chairing the Configuration Control Committee
- Support effective communication to end users regarding IT Service Delivery
- Periodic user training and management updates
- Periodic communication of system and process enhancements
Required Skills and competencies:
·Proficient in process design and delivery of an ITIL aligned Service Asset & Configuration Management process
·Knowledgeable of industry best practices and trends for CMDB and configuration management
·Knowledgeable of both on-premise and cloud infrastructure environments.
- Proficient in data model design for CMDB including design of entity relationships, data flows and conceptual and logical data models, data dictionaries
·Proficient in reporting and analysis, particularly with respect to CMDB quality and process compliance
·Proficient in Service-Now auto-discovery and knowledgeable of the platform's capabilities to interface with other complementary tools
- Experience with SCCM, Flexera, VMWare vRealize Automation a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with teams in business and IT to exert influence to deliver services and processes within a matrix organization
·Strong customer service skills to ensure CMDB provides useful information
·Ability to interpret business priorities and understand business needs
·Experience managing large IT-enabled change projects and processes
- Experience working in a global or heavily outsourced organization
- Superior written, oral, communication and presentation skills - ability to prepare high quality reports and presentations for IT stakeholders, senior management, and customers
·Minimum 5 years' experience, 3 years as a process owner, manager or ServiceNow solutions architect
·Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or equivalent experience required; IT or related technical field is highly preferred.
·ITIL v3 foundation required; practitioner level certification preferred
·PMI, SCRUM, Prince or équivalent Project management qualification a plus
·Strong MS Excel, Visio and other MS Office skills required