Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position provides organizational, technical and financial leadership, direction and functional expertise to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) within IT Infrastructure. S/he directs IT infrastructure teams, including innovation, vision, strategy, execution and sustainment across enterprise communication networks, collaboration systems and messaging platforms. The leadership position will be responsible for planning, design, architecture and implementation of all enterprise network technologies, solutions and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) capabilities by leveraging both on-premise and cloud-based technologies and services. These services include voice, data and video networks, collaboration applications, messaging, presence and mobile device management and applications supporting all business processes and functions.
Enterprise Network and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) Capabilities
- Leads and owns the plan, build and run functions for the enterprise network, unified communications and collaboration, messaging and mobile device management service portfolio
- Leads and maintains the long-term vision, strategy, and road map for standardizing and leveraging enterprise communication networks, unified communications and collaboration, conferencing and messaging technologies, vendors, systems and solutions.
- Develops and publishes a catalog of enterprise communication networks, unified communications and collaboration and messaging products, services and determines when a given technology, service or vendor should be utilized.
- Develops and publishes patterns for enterprise communication networks, unified communications and collaboration and messaging technical architectures and solutions while advocating the delivery to the enterprise.
- Determines enterprise communication networks, collaboration and messaging requirements in new projects and business needs and ensures the business realizes the intended benefits.
- Partners with IT, business and corporate teams to drive enterprise communication networks and collaboration solutions and value proposition to the business.
- Collaborates with other IT teams and internal business stakeholders to deliver best in class communication networks, collaboration and messaging solutions.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging communication networks industry trends and technology, collaboration and messaging developments/trends and technology, assesses the applicability to our business, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and technologies in current and future strategies.
- Provides subject matter expertise and direction on complex business communications, enterprise network, collaboration systems and processes, recommending improvements aligned to business needs and ensuring project sponsors fully understand alternatives, requirements, and feasibility to determine the best viable option.
Organization and Capabilities
- Creates/delivers approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to strategic development of information technologyinfrastructure that delivers solutions which meet current, evolving and future business needs.
- Directs and maintains an appropriate IT Infrastructure organization and with resources, capable of supporting innovation and the needs of the company through cost-effective information technology.
- Develops & manages budget/expenses for his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients and IT departments to better understand how technology can best support current and future business needs.
- Oversees day-to-day enterprise communication networks, collaboration and messaging platform operational integrity and project demand for new capabilities and services including status reporting, monthly financials, issue and risk management, and resource management.
- Partners with senior leadership to understand critical issues and devise, develop, and implement credible & sustainable solutions.
- Manages complex issues (relationships, processes, technology) and ensure efficient resolution and builds strong strategic relationships throughout his/her assigned business area(s) and across LFG.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Drive solution management from concept, market adoption, to end of life
- Assess market conditions and advise customers on opportunities to collaborate on network and collaboration strategy/development plans
- Develop relationships and establish credibility with executives of strategic customers and vendors by demonstrating deep industry and business knowledge; Viewed by customer and vendor executives as a solution provider
- Evaluate and recommend new vendors with Vendor Management team
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 10+ years experience in IT infrastructure administration and senior level technology management experience with emphasis on enterprise voice, data and video networks and unified communications and collaboration services, including 5+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required)
- 10+ years experience in enterprise messaging and mobile device management services directly aligned to the specific responsibilities for this role, including 5+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience (Required)
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong IT people/systems management background including staff development
- Experience and ability to manage remote staff, as well as a demonstrable ability to align with global standards and work in a globalized environment to provide 24/7 coverage on a rotational basis.
- Well versed with telecom networks service providers, Microsoft O365 (cloud), Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Centralized SIP architectures, and Audio/Video conferencing solutions
- Experience with support of Communication Enabled Business Processes
- Experience with the following technologies: Microsoft O365, Microsoft Exchange, bAvaya Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Webex, Cisco Telepresence, Oracle Session Border Controller, vBrick video content management and distribution, Streaming technologies, web casting, and video on demand, digital signage and meeting room control
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with all levels of management.
- In-depth understanding of LAN, WAN, and VPN operations, specifically design, capacity planning, and network operations is mandatory (Cisco Routers/Switches, Firewalls TCP/IP, VLANs, LAN/WAN routing).
- Experience with cloud provider (Microsoft O365, Azure, AWS, etc.) network design, SDN, and connectivity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft networking products and technologies (Active Directory, DDNS, WINS, MAPI, SMTP, SMS). #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and pr