The AVP Internal Audit will report directly to the SVP of Internal Audit and will be responsible for the design and implementation of the internal audit program for Caliber Home Loans. He or she will have primary leadership responsibility for maintaining and strengthening the internal control environment for Servicing and Originations. The AVP will provide independent reviews and evaluations of the company's operations, information systems, controls, major business processes, records and reporting functions; and provide recommendations to the Head of Audit and should be able to present to executive management, external auditors, and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be results driven and able to lead and influence process change and improvements across all functional areas within the business. He or she will have strong attention to detail, analytical/problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. The AVP will be a self-starter who excels in a fast paced environment with proven ability to work under pressure while meeting stringent reporting deadlines.
- Handle day to day management of the internal audit function including the supervision of a 2-4 person audit team reporting into this position.
- Perform an annual risk assessment of the business and continuous monitoring of the plan based on the risk analysis of the critical processes.
- Implement and effectively execute an internal audit plan for the business by proactively managing competing priorities.
- Coordinate with external auditors when needed on special requests and regulatory exams.
- Perform corporate, operational and regulatory audits of functional areas and report significant issues related to processes and controls, including risks inherent in and potential improvements to, those processes and controls.
- Act as the subject matter expert within Mortgage Banking business and understand the various regulatory, investor, federal and state requirements.
- Deliver technical advice, assistance and instructions to the audit team.
- Effectively communicate and interact with executive management across all levels. Able to articulate the issues to the leadership with excellent issue/report writing skills.
- 5 + years of progressively responsible audit experience with significant experience in internal audit as a manager.
- Strong knowledge of audit practices, accounting policies, information systems and risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
- Experience as a proactive and solutions oriented business professional with the ability to interface with all levels of management across business units and functions.
- Big 4 experience.
- Mortgage experience preferred