AVP, Inside Sales Practice Development Director
Job ID: 1700001990
This role will be in the Loss Forecast team, and responsible for timely execution of the Loss forecast model(s) to prepare reasonable estimates of credit losses for the entire Synchrony portfolio.
The role will focus on organizing all necessary inputs required to run the model(s), monitoring of the inputs, and executing necessary controls during model execution to ensure no input/ assumption errors impact the model output.
- Source and organize all necessary inputs required to the run the model(s), including;
- Account level/ Portfolio level performance data from the data warehouse(s)
- New business volume assumptions
- Other exogenous inputs including macro-economic forecast
- Conduct robust monitoring of critical inputs
- Ensure timely execution of the model(s) per the established rhythm
- Maintain and execute adequate controls through-out the model run process
- Prepare alternative scenarios to aid in qualitative assessment/ range of outcomes
- Conduct analysis of Client level loss forecast
- Assist the model owner with Model enhancements, UAT, etc.
- Support Internal/ External Audit reviews
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with quantitative underpinning preferred (i.e., Risk, Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) and 3+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, Finance, Accounting, Consumer lending, or other relevant professional experience or in lieu of degree 7+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, Finance, Accounting or Consumer Lending
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in credit loss model development/ model execution in areas such as Loss Forecasting, ALLL, Stress Testing, or other areas with consumer credit impairment estimation
- 3+ years of experience using SAS (BASE/ EG) to query large databases, perform statistical analysis. Familiarity with operating in a UNIX based environment.
- Advanced EXCEL skills with demonstrable familiarity with pivot-tables, worksheet formulas, macros, array formulas, and other techniques
- Intermediate/Strong PowerPoint skills, including ability to create understandable presentations that incorporate graphs other visual aides to portray complex subjects
- Graduate degree with quantitative underpinning, MBA, CFA or other relevant certifications or designations
- Familiarity with specific Loss forecast models especially as related to credit cards
- Knowledge of external environment and common macro-economic indicators and correlations
- Familiarity with establishing and maintaining process controls for large/ complex processes
- Aptitude to organize large volume of related information from unique process cycles in a thoughtful and easy to find manner
- Familiarity with data archival practices to ensure space optimization/ easy retrieval to fulfill audit requests
- Excellent time management skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to independently present explanations of complex subjects