This is a critical role as the AVP Industry Practice Director will utilize their expertise to help to deliver the Property and Casualty underwriting strategy and product development that will drive the performance and growth of the Retail, Real Estate and Hospitality industry segment at the national level. Training and supporting the Market Facing Underwriters will also be a critical component of this position. This role will work collaboratively with the Industry Practice Leaders, Underwriters, and Brokers.
The AVP Industry Practice Director will also be responsible for building out Property and Casualty underwriting and rating guidelines and pricing for new and specialized products and will partner with our Technical Underwriting team to create policy forms and endorsements allowing us to compete competitively in the market.
This position can be based in any of our Zurich Offices.
- Operationalize the underwriting strategy of the Retail, Real Estate and Hospitality customer industry practice to deliver growth and profitability results
- Develops the technical standards, controls and practices for Retail, Real Estate and Hospitality
- Participates in the strategic and operational planning process for growth targets and underwriting performance from the viewpoint of the specific industry segment.
- Provides technical underwriting guidance to field underwriting staff and handles complex queries and referrals
- Develops feedback mechanisms to ensure information is shared across the business
- Develops solutions for issues and trends facing the industry practice and identifies opportunities for new products and services
- Bachelors Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Underwriting Area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Underwriting area
- Advanced and in-depth knowledge of Retail, Real Estate and Hospitality business verticals
- Ability to manage complex Property and Casualty underwriting portfolios
- Experience developing and implementing underwriting strategies for complex offerings
- Strong skills in relationship building, active listening and win-win negotiating
- Strong Leadership presence with experience navigating through a large organization to execute through influence
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills