Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, this position will provide critical support to the human resources department at Nassau Re. As a seasoned generalist, the ideal candidate will help manage and direct the HR team, programs and policy direction, administrative needs, and provide significant hands on support in the areas of talent management and development, recruitment, employee relations, and compensation. Exposure to and experience with Total Rewards and HR operations is essential as this position will maintain a level of support to all functional HR areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in management consulting, employee relations, compensationsupport, and recruitment activities in a hands-on capacity, supporting these efforts on a day-to-day basis. Lead and direct activities to attract, retain, and motivate talent to drive profitability and growth.
- Lead and consult with the HR talent team and Nassau Re management on critical recruitment strategies – pro-actively identify, develop, and implement talent acquisition strategies that position Nassau Re as an “employer of choice.”
- Own and execute special, cross-functional HR projects as required by the business and staff needs, including aspects of performance management, benefits, payroll, administration, and general updating and/or creation of policies/procedures.
- Drive accountability while enhancing the department and organization's reputation through "extreme ownership" of responsibilities. Ensure proactive and timely responses to organizational and team needs.
- Work closely with the contract management team to drive and develop key vendor relationships ensuring timely project completion, efficient flow of information, appropriate contractlanguage, and timely contract execution.
- Manage development and implementation of training and development programs that meet corporate and functional needs. Includes assessment and development of programs, staff, and budgets.
- Oversee compensation administration and assist in strategic development of pay-for-performance culture.
- Support and drive the new culture of Nassau Re and the HR team: one that is nimble, fluid, and supportive. Driving our culture of humility, loyalty, teamwork, hard work, and extreme ownership. Ensure existing programs, practices, and behaviors support this entrepreneurial spirit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 8-10 years' of proven Human Resources generalist and management experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, growth environment which supports a variety of HR functions and an HR team.
- Expert knowledge and application of HR policies and procedures including federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to employment and employee relations.
- Exceptional operational skills with ability to manage day-to-day operations, administration, staffing and resources in the most efficient, effective manner to deliver top quality services.
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing pay-for-performance compensation systems and programs that drive and motivate individuals to achieve company objectives.
- Strong leader, team player with ability to influence and motivate all levels of organization. Experience supporting an HR team in their development and career growth.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with high degree of sensitivity and ability to handle complex, emotional issues in a rational and appropriate manner – a diplomat. Strong, established written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project manager with ability to think strategically and act tactically. Strong attention to detail and deadlines with experience driving projects to fruition in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to garner quick credibility and respect. Mature professional with a polished demeanor to represent Nassau Re internally and externally. Demonstrated commitment to excellence; passion and commitment for the company and role.
Nassau Re was founded in 2015 and carries a tradition dating to 1851. Our business covers four segments: insurance, reinsurance, distribution and asset management, and our capabilities include life insurance and annuity products, life insurance sales and distribution, real estate investments, collateralized loanobligations and otherasset management specialties, and reinsurance. As part of a young and growing financial services enterprise, our employees are tapping into a new entrepreneurial spirit while they build on a long track record of putting customers first, understanding the evolving income and protection needs, and developing quality products to meet those needs.