We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job plans and coordinates business operations and marketing programs for the system Hospital Medicine Service Line. Coordinates, plans and directs functions associated with the business, financial and clinical activities, including but not limited to, operations/quality performance and monitoring, regulatory compliance, purchasing and inventory, marketing, human resource planning, physician and hospital team member education, volume growth drivers, and potential new program development opportunities. Develops and monitors programs for maintaining external relationships of the Service Line with the public, referring hospitals, referring physicians and other professional groups. Develops and maintains programs to monitor referral performance and associated financial analysis, works effectively with physician leadership specifically with the appointed dyad physician partner, and works in partnership with the physician and administrative leader on overall strategic initiatives for the service line. Communicates and interprets organizational and departmental mission goals and objectives to all areas of responsibility and provides leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation activities of all areas of responsibility.
- Required - Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred - Master's degree in Business Administration/Healthcare Administration
- Required - 10 years experience in successfully managing complex hospital and patient care delivery
- Preferred - Experience in management of Hospital Medicine department; Experience in Lean/Process Improvement as well as experience leading in a Matrix Organization
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Proven track record of managing diverse agendas and driving change management initiatives.
- Professional attitude and interpersonal skills to relate to executive management, professionals and business and community leaders.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Self direction skills.
- Good judgment in handling difficult situations.
- Good organizational, time management and conflict resolution skills.
- Ensures quality of care & patient satisfaction.
- Develops personnel and workforce to ensure adequate coverage.
- Conducts research, education & training.
- Maintains operational profitability.
- Participates in long term business planning.
- Ensures physical & technology infrastructure meets functional needs.
- Other related duties as required.