The Role at a Glance
We are excited to bring on an AVP, Group Benefits Sales to join our Group Protection Operations Team supporting Workplace Solutions in the Greater Chicago area.
On the Distribution Team, you will provide leadership, coaching and development to your team of 8-10 Sales Representatives up to Sr. Account Executives to drive and ensure departmental results for group benefits sales within Group Protection.
As an AVP, Group Benefits Sales, you will be responsible for the direction and motivation of your territory to meet or exceed their sales goals by setting strategic priorities and activities within the region leading to increased sales revenue and market share. If this sounds like a role for you, please read on!
What you'll be doing
- You will lead a dynamic team in an environment that is constantly changing. Provide training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and give honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent. You will direct and evaluate individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned areas of responsibility.
- You will direct, establish and implement priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure the departmental results are met while evaluating performance and taking appropriate action to meet or exceed performance standards.
- You will provide strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capabilities and results for your area while contributing to strategic creation.
- You will contribute to developing group sales strategics which have substantial impact on sales revenue and increase in market share within your territory while anticipating and providing solutions to complex problems or trends.
- You will direct and evaluate performance and take appropriate action to meet or exceed performance standards.
- You will build strong working relationships with key internal/external stakeholders to effectively understand and anticipate projects, products or regulatory changes which may impact operations.
- You will identify new business opportunities while managing and retaining existing business.
- You will be responsible for developing and managing the budget for your area by developing top and bottom-line financial results, consistently achieving growth targets and profitability.
What we're looking for
Must-have experience (Required):
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
- 10+ Years’ experience in Group Insurance Sales that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience
- Experience managing people leaders
- Strategic Planning/Execution
- Proven ability to run a sales office/team
What’s it like to work here
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training