- Leads the expense analysis outside the US for the annual planning process of the Corporate Support Areas (CSAs - Finance, Marketing, Legal, HR, Corporate Affairs, Audit, Risk, Strategy), which includes financial oversight of annual global spend.
- Align the non-US results with the US CSA results to deliver the Global CSA planning and projections.
- Identifying trends and significant variances from plan that require corrective action and partner with regional FMG teams to understand variances and close gaps. This includes enhancing the information used by senior management for strategic and tactical decisions.
- Partners with CSA department heads to discuss expense performance and optimization.
- Manage Business/Operational Reviews for the CSAs.
- Provide trusted, strategic & decisive guidance on all finance, data & analytic matters.
- Identify and advise on opportunities for expense reductions and implementation of operational improvements (non-domestic).
- Advise and assist in departmental and corporate process redesign and reengineering initiatives to drive expense management efforts.
- Ensure adherence to financial accounting standards, processes, and procedures.
- Oversee (non-domestic) expense allocation process for CSAs.
- Engage and drive FMG Transformation outcomes (e.g. implement Oracle platform to ensure accurate and effective streamlining of accounting and reporting processes for CSAs, both domestic and regional).
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance; Masters preferred
- At least 10 years of financial analytics experience with an insurance company
- Strong executive writing and power point skills a must
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Project Management Experience