The AVP/Executive Director of Managed Markets Access, Value, and Strategy will play a critical role in driving a successful launch of BXCL501 with focus on achieving broad formulary access across managed care and hospital accounts. The position will be responsible for developing the overall market access launch plan for BXCL501, including strategy for pricing, hospital-associated reimbursement, and formulary coverage, as well as the development of marketing plans and communications programs to promote BXCL501’s clinical and economic benefits with payers and customer accounts. Effectively and efficiently interfacing with customers, internal and external team members, partners and vendors is a critical component of this position.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner cross-functionally to lead the development of US Payer access strategies and payer launch readiness plans for BXCL501 and pipeline products
- Develop payer channel and customer insights to inform launch access strategies and annual operating plans
- Define critical processes and timelines across payer types to establish rapid access, formulary coverage and reimbursement
- Develop payer segmentation and prioritization plans with defined customer engagement timelines
- Develop payer value proposition and associated messaging platform
- Support channel optimization planning across IDNs, hospital systems/hospitals, long-term care, drug treatment centers, and the retail marketplace
- Lead the creation, editing, production and deployment of digital and non-digital communications programs (message platform and sales aid, educational programs, conference booths and materials, relationship marketing programs, promotional campaigns, training materials, etc.) to support the overall product strategy and corporate objectives with managed markets customers
- Develop success metrics and measurements for market access initiatives and programs.
- Generate insights from monitoring and analyzing market trends and competitor activities to identify opportunities and overcome potential challenges.
- Build and lead the Managed Markets Marketing team including recruiting, training, and managing talent to achieve company an brand goals
- Master’s degree or doctoral degree (in a relevant field)
- Minimum 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- People management experience and success
- Knowledge of the IDN and hospital marketplace
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work across multiple stakeholders
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Clear communication skills, both verbal/presentation and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%