As a leading provider of insurance and reinsurance with worldwide operations and employees in Bermuda, U.S., U.K., Continental Europe and Asia, we recognize that our success is derived directly from those who matter the most: our people. At Sompo International, our values of integrity, collaboration, agility, execution and excellence underpin our culture and our commitment to providing an employee experience that attracts and engages the best talent in the industry. As we continue to grow, we strive to find diverse, innovative and driven professionals to join our teams and offer a broad range of career and development opportunities at all levels, in multiple business areas, in each of our locations throughout the world. Our compensation and benefits programs are market driven and competitive, with excellent family friendly policies and flexible working provisions.
Sompo E&S Excess Transportation is seeking an experienced underwriter with extensive excess auto and trucking underwriting experience in our Alpharetta GA office. Primary responsibilities: maintain and develop relationships with wholesale brokers, underwrite submissions received to meet profit and production goals, meet established service standards, work in a team environment and collaboratively underwrite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to evaluate all individual risk characteristics to properly determine capacity, attachment point, terms, and pricing
- Maintain and enhance existing broker relationships and identify and develop new relationships both regionally and outside the territory.
- Adapt underwriting techniques to underwriting guidelines and rating plans to write a wide range of account size and operations
- Develop and execute marketing plan aimed at retaining existing business and producing new business
- Ability to operate and lead a team-based environment which includes claims, legal and actuarial staff and fostering new underwriting talent
- Keeping abreast of industry trends about pricing, new lines of business, developing claim issues, etc.
- Meet production, profitability and service goals.
- 7+ years’ experience in casualty and auto underwriting Transportation risks.
- Knowledgeable on the transportation industry, litigation trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills.
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University
At Sompo International, we recognize that the talent, skills, and commitment of our employees drive our success. This is why we offer competitive, high-quality compensation and benefit programs to eligible employees.
Our compensation program is built on a foundation that promotes a pay-for-performance culture, resulting in higher incentive awards, on average, when the Company does well and lower incentive awards when the Company underperforms. The total compensation opportunity for all regular, full-time employees is a combination of base salary and incentives that gets adjusted upfront based on overall Company performance with final awards based on individual performance.
We continuously evaluate and update our benefit programs to ensure that our plans remain competitive and meet the needs of our employees and their dependents. Below is a summary of our current comprehensive U.S. benefit programs:
- Two medical plans to choose from, including a Traditional PPO & a Consumer Driven Health Plan with a Health Savings account providing a competitive employer contribution.
- Pharmacy benefits with mail order options.
- Dental benefits including orthodontia benefits for adults and children.
- Vision benefits.
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Company-paid Life & AD&D benefits, including the option to purchase Supplemental life coverage for employee, spouse & children.
- Company-paid Disability benefits with very competitive salary continuation payments.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer contributions.
- Competitive paid-time-off programs, including company-paid holidays.
- Competitive Parental Leave Benefits & Adoption Assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tax-Free Commuter Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement & Professional Qualification benefits.
Sompo International is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V.