This position provides leadership, direction and functional expertise on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of security operations. S/he will contribute to the development of security strategies, policies and principles while ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Develops and maintains security policies and procedures for his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides strategic direction to build and enhance Employee Security
- Contributes to the strategy development for enterprise-wide security.
- Anticipates and provides crisis management strategies/solutions and communications.
- Identifies, assesses and responds to threats the enterprise.
- Responsible for providing physical security for our site employees, buildings, and employees while traveling.
- Serves as a key member of Lincoln’s Threat Assessment Team (TAT).
- Manages relationships with security vendors including contract security officers enterprise-wide.
- Monitors, audits and evaluates the operational effectiveness of the corporate security program, to include periodic site visits, reports and recommendations.
- Conducts complex investigations of incidents under the jurisdiction of corporate security or in conjunction with Internal Audit investigators, to include workplace violence, theft and any incident in violation of state statute or LFG's code of conduct.
- Prepares enterprise-wide emergency evacuation plans ensuring compliance with local, state and federal fire safety codes.
- Develops and directs the execution of incident response plans.
- Investigates, reports, resolves, and implements corrective action for security incidents.
- Maintains relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and fire agencies, including Homeland Security, as may be required to assure a high level of awareness of possible terrorist threat, criminal activity or civil unrest
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
- 10+ Years progressive experience in security with a law enforcement or military background a plus
- Proven experience with running a Threat Assessment program preferred
- Prior experience managing vendor relations is preferred
- Experience working with multiple office locations is required
- Knowledge of or understanding of a travel risk program
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Position requires up to 30% travel #LI-CG1