This role is responsible for transforming our digital presence and customer-facing experience. The incumbent will provide leadership and guidance to multiple User Experience Teams and will fundamentally redesign and reconstruct how Unum connects with our customers across all our products and services.
As part of the Digital Experience leadership team, reporting directly to the VP of Digital Experience, this role will work across the company to elevate and champion the user experience across all our interactions utilizing technology. The role will lead the creation of a simplified interaction model between Unum, our customers, their employees, and our broker community.
Innovation is a core part of this role. This role will be a leader of change inside and out,working withstaff as well as directly with clients.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborating with Business and IT leaders to define a roadmap which leads Unum to deliver this differentiating customer experience.
- Leading and driving change, while embedding innovation in partnership with multiple departments, such as Unum US Business Transformation and Marketing on Brand development and presentation.
- Leading and working with cross-functional teams in support of business priorities. Including Scrum Teams, Marketing, Business Transformation, brokers and customers
- Generating and communicating strategic analysis, business insights and customer empathy
- Ability to develop strong third-party relationships and innovative partnerships.
- Working in Lean startup and Agile development frameworks; drive results through 40+ agile teams and technology partners
- Developing strong UX framework, processes and playbook to consistently delivery best in class Customer Experience
- Lead/manage the UX resources across the group
- Putting in place an appropriate staffing and delivery model to ensure Unum has market leading Customer Experience and Digital presence.
- Solving problems quickly, thinking strategically, and driving data-driven decision making.
- Understanding of the customer needs, and technology needed to support them now and in the future.
- Have an innovative mindset, with the ability to inspire others to execute on innovative ideas.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or master’s degree in related field; 10-plus years’ job experience in building and leading UX teams
- Demonstrated experience of both theory and practice of user research, interaction design and visual design.
- Demonstrated experience and formal training/education with user-centered design principles and practices and Agile, Lean startup, and design-thinking methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience and formal training/education with information architecture, UX, and experience design principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in change management; formal training/education preferred.
- Experience with cutting-edge digital content and publishing practices and strategies.
- Clear understanding of accessibility requirements, assistive technology and conformance strategy.
- Superior presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to interact successfully across all levels within the organization, including the CEO.
- Proven success as an individual contributor, as well as a track record of strong positive teamwork, proactive collaboration, and effective problem resolution.
- Someone who is inspirational and visionary and can bring along others with positivity and energy.
- Excellent communication, flexibility, and time management skills