The AVP, Data Center Operations will serve as the key IT liaison & process leader for Synchrony’s data center management. This leader will be responsible for all aspects of data center operations including vendor management/co-location, governance, capacity planning, moves/changes/installs and budget management. The AVP, Data Center Operations will manage a team of 24x7 3rd party contractors overseeing 2 regionally separated data centers.
We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility. You have the option to be remote, and work from home, or come into one of our offices. You may be occasionally requested to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
- Responsible for the data centers budgets and/or cost centers, resource allocation and planning to ensure delivery of business benefits.
- Responsible for vendor evaluation and integration of new products and services into the hardware and facilities associated with the data centers.
- Subject Matter Expert for Data center technologies.
- Ensures adherence to operational and design standards and procedures as per RF data center guidelines in the field of electrical, power distribution, cooling, cabling management and distribution and Security and Access systems.
- Ensure proper controls in place for hot aisle/cold aisle, Temperature & humidity controls and fire extinguishing arrangements.
- Maintain expert knowledge on all business procedures associated with assets and capacity.
- Be the Single point of contact and owner to meet data center requirements for the business and provide for FSO services. The indicative list of FSO services as below:
- Datacenter Access Management
- Device Reboots (24x7x365)
- Vendor Escort / Supervision (24x7x365)
- Shipping/Receiving (8x5x5)
- Media Management (24x7x365)
- Fiber / Copper Patch Cabling (8x5x5)
- Fiber / Copper Patch Cabling (8x5x5)
- Physical Layer (24x7x365)
- Physical Asset Administration
- Operational Documentation
- Facilities Planning for New Build
- Device Installation / Removal (8x5x5)
- Device Installation (Console) (8x5x5)
- Basic HW Changes
- Advanced HW Changes
- Commodity Purchases and Approval
- Site Controllership
- Own all operational processes for changes, hosting additional equipment and maintenance activities.
- Work with Network teams for activity within the RF datacenter including DCLAN, network provisioning and capacity.
- Own the billing process for the tenant business units.
- Own Incident management activities within the datacenter.
- Coordinate with various businesses and drive consolidation of datacenter services within RF.
- Coordinate with IT and business teams to develop a plan to ensure achievement of data center capacity and plan to expand the data center capacity as needed.
- Maintain effective professional relationships with IT relationship managers.
- Must be willing to work out of the Dallas, TX data center.
- Must be willing to travel periodically
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of hands-on IT experience within a data center or in lieu of degree High School Diploma and 9 years of hands-on IT experience within a data center, project and personnel management experience
- Minimum 3 years of personnel management experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Project Management
- Experience in managing co-location data centers
- Data canter planning designing and migration experience
- Experience in leading a major program across a diverse set of businesses and cultures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
- Successfully led & presented strategic initiatives to senior management teams
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working and leading employees and contractors on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated stakeholder focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the stakeholder; builds strong stakeholder relationships.
The salary range for this position is 90,000.00 - 155,000.00 USD Annual and is eligible for an annual bonus based on individual and company performance.
Actual compensation offered within the posted salary range will be based upon work experience, skill level or knowledge.
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA, NY Metro and Seattle.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 18 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+, with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with an opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time
Job Family Group: