Drive the strategic creative positioning and tactical vehicle execution for all brands in the Icahn Automotive family, including Pep Boys and Auto Plus. Lead a talented group, and external agencies, that are charged with helping set strategy and collaborate on executions that attract, grow and monetize audiences across in-store, traditional, direct marketing, digital and social platforms. The right person for this role is collaborative, open-minded, inspiring, with deep experience working with retail or hospitality brands in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate creative storyteller with a desire to build, lead, share and grow, then this is a great role for you. A passion for cars and the auto space is a plus. Reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the teams that serve as the in-house 'agency' for multiple brands in the Icahn Automotive portfolio
- Brand steward for all brand in the portfolio, partnering across the organization
- Foster, grow and maintain the brand identity of each of the portfolio brands, continuing to drive new on-brand creative executions to resonate with target audiences
- Create memorable, breakthrough, sales-driving collateral that taps into customer insights while motivating a specific purchase occasion
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to obtain knowledge of the clients' requirements. Direct and motivate all roles across creative and production teams: creative managers, graphic designers, illustrators, copywriters, photographers, traffic lead, production leads, etc.
- Lead the voice and consistency of message for unique customer segments and programs within the Brands
- Present multiple concepts across all consumer touchpoints and key messages that strike a balance between brand building and sales driving
- In addition to internal resources, own the agency and contractor execution needed to ensure on-time in market for all creative
- Responsibilities include:
- Direct Mail & Email
- Social & Digital
- In-Store Signage & Collateral
- Agency Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10+ Years experience, including in-house creative
- Creative and analytical thinker who has a long track record of sales-driving campaigns. Must be able to blend and demonstrate both digital/social media savvy and traditional brand know-how
- Blend of Process and Creative Orientation
- A strong conceptual mind
- Experience and appreciation of local marketing nuances in the approach to different markets
- Obsessive about the details and a pitbull when it comes to getting results
- Proactive and always looking forward (e.g., not getting caught in reactive mode or waiting for the story to come to you)
- Measurement and continual-improvement focused
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, typing or writing.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk and hear.