$200K — $250K *
Officer position responsible for direction and management of external and internal communications by company’s senior executives to ensure corporate communications support business strategies. Ensures effective implementation of strategic objectives and policies within corporate communications, in accordance with the company’s strategic plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Implements strategic objectives with substantial impact on the short-term success for corporate communications.
2. Executes delivery of all executive communications commitments, including but not limited to scripts for quarterly conference calls and annual meetings, shareholder letters in annual reports and quarterly messages to employees.
3. Secures speaking invitations for executives at industry events and other forums that align with business strategies. Provides speaker support as needed such as speech writing, talking points development, presentation creation and coaching.
4. Maximizes impact of every speech and article through distributing reprints, creating follow-up mailings to speech attendees, coordinating media interviews with speakers and writing and placing by-lined articles as needed.
5. Manages review process for all external presentations and professional publications.
6. Leads, directs and has full management accountability for staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically VP and above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. In-depth technical knowledge of theories and practices with a professional field; i.e., advanced writing skills, speech writing, and public relations and working knowledge in related field.
2. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment
3. Leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
4. Ability to drive results by identifying, and resolving problems within scope of responsibility.
5. Knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with Master’s preferred in communications, journalism or related field
2. Certified Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) or insurance designation preferred.
3. Typically a minimum of 10 years of related work experience in marketing, advertising and communications with five years management experience.
Valid through: 1/19/2021