This highly collaborative role will work to build relationships and influence management of the organization’s communication platform; develop innovative communication and content to keep employees engaged; participate in maintaining the company’s intranet and key communication channels, while interacting and educating team members, outside partners/vendors and community organizations about the organization. This individual will also interact frequently and independently with all levels of management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage corporate communications projects collaborating and partnering on key corporate programs and initiatives.
- Ensure all internal clients (team members) are being well-served and projects are being executed against a developed communication plan/playbook that supports the company’s business objectives.
- Communicate plans across organization to ensure buy-in and alignment
- Leverage partnerships with markets [local market presidents, community relations specialists, local media, and community outlets], brands and lines of businesses and team members.
- Oversee select strategic projects that better connect team members across the enterprise, divisions and footprint
- Partner and build key communication plans for critical business line programs and initiatives, internal operational changes, community and philanthropic involvement
- Participate in the development and help manage front line communication for:
- Team member brand (brand and change management, culture, team member engagement/experience)
- Crisis communication, media training and executive media relations
- Executive communication programs, road shows (CEO vision, presentations)
- Corporate and team member events (supporting the enterprise)
- Human Resource initiatives (new programs, benefits)
- Proactively manage the organization’s Intranet platform and help push/pull key communications throughout the enterprise ensuring our team members are aware of key initiatives before they occur.
- Lead thought leadership initiatives. Execute a thought leadership strategy to provide positive, credible exposure for the organization, its products and services, and its senior leadership; coordinating external communication with local, national, trade and other specialty media that enhances and supports the organizations values and objectives.
- Lead efforts to help the enterprise social media strategy, including content calendar creation and management of key initiatives that help tell the story of the Triumph team of brands.
- Identify annual KPIs and metrics for success. Develops internal dashboard and metrics for communication performance measurement, analytics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field required
- 4-7+ years’ professional experience in integrated communication, public relations and/or marketing program planning, development and execution (B2B and B2C)
- 4+ years’ preferred experience in a banking/financial services/commercial finance environment
- Excellent understanding of today’s changing communication landscape and audiences, including digital and social media
- Project management experience, including management of vendor partner relationships
- Public relations experience a plus
Skills and Abilities Required
Strategic Knowledge and Professional Abilities
- Able to research, learn and understand the complex financial markets that Triumph and its divisions operate
- Focuses on steering communication in alignment with the brand voice, but also staying abreast of industry changes, community causes/developments and has a strong hand in helping steer the team member brand.
- Ability to understand and manage complex projects, multiple vendors/contractors, while working under tight schedules and deadline
- Effective, professional verbal and technical written communication skills, with advanced writing and editing abilities
- Strong writing skills, with attention to detail and ability to plan, manage and taking ideas from concept to completion
- Able to work independently, applying education and professional experience to achieve outstanding results
- Demonstrates highest level technical and cognitive abilities to ensure accuracy, precision and complete projects on time and on budget
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe environment
Partnership and Relationship Building Skills
- Highly collaborative, relationship builder across the broader Triumph organization helping take disparate groups and pull together in cohesive alignment for the greater good
- Build alignment with the strategic marketing group, executive team and human resources to identify smart wins and speed-to-market
- Build partnerships to proactively collaborate on goals, objectives, programs and initiatives that promote brand image, community, products and services, and employer recognition
- This may include any of the above that cut across the organization to keep team members informed
- Team player with a strong work ethic. Demonstrates considerable tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment with ability to build/maintain effective interpersonal relationships
High level of maturity and stability with an "optimistic" approach
- A self-starter able to be both entrepreneurial and strategic in approach with hands-on experience