The AVP of Corporate Accounting will be responsible for certain close activities. The position requires strong attention to detail, advanced problem-solving skills, understanding of GAAP, solid verbal and written communication skills, and excellent relationship building skills. This position requires significant interaction with a vast array of internal customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manage a team of who will perform certain functions including reconciliations, journal entries, and close activities.
- Lead in the standardization of documentation and support for accounting processes and transactions
- Assist in the maintenance, creation and monitoring of KPIs for the accounting areas to ensure a quality level of service to internal customers, providing regular reporting toCAO.
- Assist in the maintenance and establishment of new processes and controls consistent with a quality controls environment and drive improvements in efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of financial information and processes ensuring ongoing compliance with SOX and with US GAAP.
- Work with acquisition teams on accounting matters including analyzing and recording initial balances.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies.
- Participate in cross-functional projects associated with accounting process or system changes
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Integrity & Trust: direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; recognizes improvement opportunities; takes ownership of work papers.
- Accuracy & Completeness: prepares all work papers with concern for all details and the highest standards of quality
- Understanding of GAAP principles: Understands and can applyGAAP principles to preparation of financial footnotes and financial statements.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; pursues assigned tasks to completion. Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in processes and reporting; establishes and maintains positive and effective relationships with customers and co-workers to gains their trust and respect. Highly intelligent with a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Written Communications: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Flexibility: Able to work overtime as required, including weekends to meet business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA designation preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in accounting, finance or audit with advanced knowledge of GAAP and accounting practices
- Excellent communication skills and experience building and managing cross-functional teams
- Mortgage Banking Experience Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (i.e., v-look ups, pivot tables), and Microsoft Access experiencedesired
Job Requisition ID: