The Area Vice President (AVP) will be part of the leadership team for the Commerce Cloud sales organization in AMER. The role reports directly to the SVP for Commerce Cloud.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Regional VPs, who are leading sales teams selling the world's #1 platform application for Commerce This leader will create an organization recognized for high-growth, long term sustainable success, and a commitment to Salesforce values:
- Customer Success
- Giving Back
Key outcomes for the new leader:
- Maintain and improve the year-over-year growth % across AMER
- Position Salesforce as the #1 platform for B2C and B2B Commerce to achieve customer success.
- Align and coordinate product, customer success, and services teams to deliver incredible success for our customers.
- Build a sales organization recognized for its ability to attract and retain the most talented individuals in our industry
- Drive long term employee success with a focus on coaching, development, and building high performance teams
- Use and scale best practices from across the wider AMER Commerce Cloud and Salesforce business.
- Maintain and extend Salesforce Commerce Cloud as the #1 Commerce Platform for Salesforce customers in AMER.
Position the business to grow successfully beyond its current targets, increasing the revenue of the business significantly year on year. Operating in a high-growth environment, this will likely be achieved by:
- Defining a clear and compelling vision
- Working closely with product and marketing to shape the messaging & positioning of our solution
- Translating business objectives into specific goals for the given area
- Driving a culture of strong execution, orientation towards developing new enterprise accounts, expanding existing ones and ensuring high retention rates on existing accounts
- Managing the enterprise sales teams to help drive and close strategic/complex deals in the respective industry verticals
- Effective prioritization
- Providing strategic direction and focus to the sales team
- Identifying new opportunities in industry verticals and driving expansion into them
- Identifying and managing new business channels, partnerships and routes to market
- Utilizing internal and external C-level resources to build a compelling, consistent vision for our customers
- Engaging functionally across the business (Account Management Marketing, Sales Strategy, Finance, Employee Success, Recruiting) to fully utilize resources for the Commerce Cloud business
- Continue growing and managing a team of high performers, developing the next generation of talent at Salesforce, and building a balanced team
- Deep experience selling SaaS into B2B and B2C Commerce accounts
- 2nd line + sales leadership experience
- A leader with a proven track record in building, inspiring and motivating a complex, matrixed sales organization recognized for its culture, as well as its results.
- Examples of inspiring new and existing customers to commit to a journey of transformation, utilizing technology as a platform.
- Day-to-day, driving and managing a sales business with a strong cadence of deal closure on a monthly and quarterly basis; track record of consistent over-achievement of quota and revenue goals
- Strategic sales experience and revenue achievement selling multiple enterprise software offerings, while building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- Significant experience in enterprise software sales (ideally in CRM, Service or Commerce); ability to genuinely sell to C-suite and possessing high level executive presence
- Consultative sales skills and ability to construct and articulate strong business case and ROI, strategic account planning and execution skills
- Excellent operational/analytical skills - reporting, forecasting, data analysis skills; operations management experience
- C-level engagement and negotiation, account strategy, domain expertise, executive selling, large deal management and team leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree strongly preferred