Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries.With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
The position posted is a Home Office financial role within the CNAX divisions. This is a strategic and analytical position developed to help manage the credit risk portfolio associated with the loss sensitive casualty book of business. It provides analytical support and guidance to different levels of management on complex situations relating to financial and credit risk. It is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of the complex financial nature of large accounts and determiningthe appropriate program and securitization structure.
- Monitor the credit risk portfolio of large loss sensitive accounts and trackthe "credit watch" list
- Complete evaluations and reviews of existing and potential clients' financial condition and credit worthiness.
- Establish collateral requirements and manage individual account's ongoing credit risk exposure
- Track insurance loss experience and financial performance of existing accounts
- Consult underwriters and regional business leaders on the cause and effect relationship of strategic financial and credit decisions and the business units' credit risk exposure
- Act as a liaison with Treasury and Corporate Accounting and Finance as relates to collateral, credit, billing and accounting type of issues.
- Assist in the assessment, review and modification of collateral products and guidelines as appropriate for loss sensitive casualty programs.
- Provide ad-hoc management and financial reports on the loss sensitive casualty programs.
- Participate in calls and meetings with CFO's of prospective and current clients.
- Analyze complex captive insurance program structures and related credit and collection risk.
- Conduct industry and market research and competitive landscape analysis.
- Review and monitor economic, marketplace, accounting and collateral trends - especially as they relate to our target industries.
- Assist underwriters in analyzing and understanding complex financial statements.
Key Competencies –
- Leadership and ability to influence with limited authority
- Credit risk management expertise, combined with understanding of theInsurance business
- Strong process and time management skills
- Knowledge of capital markets and collateral products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Database management
- At least three to five plus years of experience in a Financial role in Insurance or Credit Risk assessment and evaluation.
- Financial statement Analysis expertise
- Prior experience in the Insurance/Risk Management field
- Experience with Bloomberg and Moody's Risk Analyst is a plus.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Finance/Accounting.