AVP, Business Insights and Analytics, Strategy & Planning
Associate Vice President Profile:
Associate Vice Presidents (AVPs) at TD Bank Group contribute to the overall reputation of TD. As executives, AVPs help to set the ethical, organizational and performance standard for the teams they lead and exemplify how an effective performance and development culture functions day to day. An AVP is expected to guide his/her team, collaborating as appropriate with TD partners, to deliver superior results in both the short and long term.
AVPs promote adherence to TDBG’s vision and purpose to be the better bank, and to enrich the lives of customers, communities and colleagues. As part of the general management of their function, AVPs are accountable to deliver against TD’s five shared commitments:
- Think like a customer; provide legendary experiences and trusted advice
- Act like an owner; lead with integrity to drive business results and contribute to communities
- Execute with speed and impact; only take risks we can understand and manage
- Innovate with purpose; simplify the way we work
- Develop our colleagues; embrace diversity and respect one another
Reporting to the VP, Enterprise Analytics Strategy and Planning, the AVP, Business Insights and Analytics leads a team of analytics professionals who will provide consulting services to various lines of business across the enterprise to help them drive more analytics value from data driven insights. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who want to work in a fast paced and high impact business team.
Specifically, s/he will:
- Enhance analytics capability by helping lines of business to develop “best-in-class” analytics teams that delivers meaningful insights that drive measurable business value. Help make analytics a competitive advantage for TD.
- Lead a team that acts as strategic advisor to a variety of lines of business across TD Bank Group
- Identify and champion LOB analytics projects and services including the development of action plans and roadmaps for various analytics teams across the bank
- Provide accurate planning and resourcing across all aspects of analytics, including working with data and reporting teams to triage and agree resourcing to optimize capacity
- Manage and enhancetechnical and governance capability. Oversee the analytics process and facilitate ways to increase efficiency and quality of analytics delivery
- Assess existing analytics tools and investigate new opportunities to enhance existing analytical capabilities and enable greater automation where possible
- Build understanding of advanced analytics capability across the bank – leveraging capabilities across the Enterprise Data and Analytics function to bring value to a variety of Lines of business.
- Coordinate Analytics innovation and investment priorities and outreach to influence and integrate future analytic capabilities into the enterprise.
- Build for the future and provide people leadership; oversee people plans and strategies to attract, motivate and retain a highly diverse, qualified and engaged team to fulfill current and future business needs.
The ideal candidate should have over10+years ofexperience in analytics and/ or advanced data analytics, preferably within the context of global bank products and/or consulting services. In addition, s/he will have a Masters or PhD inquantitative discipline, science,engineering or business/finance ispreferred.
Strength in the following competencies is critical:
- History of delivering business impact and results through developing and executing on strategies over both short term and longer term
- Motivated to constantly find innovative ways to enhance capability, methodology and practice
People Leadership and Influence
- Proven leadership. Ability to work in and across teams, manage stakeholders and align leadership
- Strong people leader with demonstrated experience in identifying and growing talent
- Experience leading and building effective teams and delivering superior results
- Ability to motivate, develop and empower others to proactively adapt to changing environments
- Promote positive team interactions and bring a high level of enthusiasm to projects
- Ability to manage analytics experts, modelers and data scientists.
- Self-starter; goal oriented; customer focused
- Experience working in both a technical and business context and able to translate technical concepts into easy to understand business language
- In-depth industry knowledge, including current big data trends and challenges globally
- Ability to create business cases and explain the business value of projects
- Understanding of data privacy, security and data governance
Relationship Building and Communications
- Excellent relationship skills with proven ability to impact and influence others
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to build deep relationships with different business partners
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at senior levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of end to end capabilities spanning data management, business intelligence and advance analytics
- Understanding and expertise with data and data warehouse technologies
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of data management and analytics tools
- Strong analytic skills, including statistical and segmentation analysis; data analysis and insight development; financial statement and competitive analysis
- Understanding of when to use traditional vs big data solutions.
- Working knowledge of general banking / consumer finance products, policies and operations.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Consulting background advising a variety of industries and lines of business related to analytics subject matter