KEY OBJECTIVE:The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for business development in the assigned number of brokers, agents and other distribution partners. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Successful and documented track record of calling on insurance brokers and agents within a predetermined territory/geography
- Generate opportunities to acquire new business through business development activities initiated with assigned brokers & agents
- Build relationships with key partnerships locally and regionally to assist in business development opportunities
- Handle all aspects of training of new and existing producers to include onboarding and joint fieldwork
- Ensure that products/services are competitively positioned in the market
- Manage pipeline of key customers to meet and exceed growth goals and objectives
- Serve as point of contact and relationship manager for all producers in the territory
- Effectively manage daily, weekly and monthly goals and tracking responsibilities
- Work with underwriting to evaluate, price and propose rate and strategy on small to large market voluntary/worksite business
- Manage assigned workload to meet internal productivity and timely service standards
SCOPE INFORMATION: This position reports to the Branch Manager with responsibility for a production budget based upon:
- New Premium development
- Submissions and Quote Ratio
- Bound (Close) Ratio for core products and target producers
- Broker and Agent activation and penetration ratio
- Average productivity for target producers
- Minimum of 5 years Underwriting and/or Broker/Agent sales experience
- College degree or equivalent business experience.
- Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Authoritative knowledge of Chubb coverage, products, services, and liabilities.
- Ability to self-motivated and self-start.
- Ability to make independent decisions using Chubb best practices for guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Capable of dealing with highly visible and demanding customers.
- Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Should have high degree of specialized and technical competence in Commercial product portfolio and the understanding of the corporate insurance marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or associated field