The Business Consultant-Small Business Clients is an outside sales representative that is responsible for developing new merchant processing relationships with small to medium sized businesses. This role acquires new merchant services relationships through referrals from Bank of America banking centers as well as prospecting external sources such as association relationships, centers of influence and vendor relationships among others. This position is responsible for developing a strong pipeline for new revenue growth as well as developing and maintaining relationships with existing accounts and bank partners to identify/solicit new revenue growth opportunities. This position reports to the Regional Sales Leader.
· Develop a strong pipeline for new revenue growth
· Identify and solicit new revenue growth opportunities
· Develop and maintain relationships with existing accounts and banking centers/key bank partners
· Attain monthly sales goals and all performance metrics
· Successfully schedule and manage appointments with client
· Self-source outside referrals and leads
· Leverage the consultative sales process to effectively provide solutions to small business prospects and clients
· Maintain accurate records in Salesforce by documenting all customer contacts in detail and adhering to SLAs
· Performs other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma
· 2+ years of sales experience
· Consultative selling experience
· Proven relationship management experience
· Demonstrated technical expertise
· Possess business acumen with the ability to discuss financial solutions to clients
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Experience selling Merchant, Bankcard or Financial Services
· Established sales, business development and negotiation skills
· Strong hunter in customer-centered sales with a desire to exceed expectations and quotas
· Ability to develop new business through prospecting
· Previous client base in similar field or face to face outside sales environment
· Capability to adapt to an ever changing payment processing environment
· Strong communications, including oral and written presentation skills
· Effective planning, time management and organizational skills
· Highly motivated to succeed in a performance driven environment
· Multi-lingual ability is a plus
· Demonstrated successful portfolio management which encompasses programs, products, corporate and/or regulatory compliance and client services
· Ability to quickly learn sales applications such as Salesforce.com and 1Star. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Good working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
· Works in varied environments involving sitting and standing. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile. Ability to utilize a tablet and telephone prolonged periods of time. Ability to visit and move around at client sites including the ability to maneuver in a variety of places. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that may weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
· Daily travel within territory is required to perform essential functions of the role. Occasional out of territory travel is required.
· Responsible for supporting regulatory requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other Anti-Money Laundering laws, rules, and regulations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.