Every day, we deliver innovative solutions at the forefront of fintech that help businesses better serve their customers, expand their business, protect themselves from fraud, and reimagine commerce. Formed in 2009 by powerhouse brands Bank of America and First Data, we’ve grown to process more than 16 billion transactions at approximately 529,000 merchant locations in 2017 alone. We’re a leader with deep expertise and momentum.
Bank of America Merchant Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
The Business Consultant-Small Business Clients is an outside sales representative that is responsible for developing new merchant processing relationships with small to medium sized businesses. This role acquires new merchant services relationships through referrals from Bank of America banking centers as well as prospecting external sources such as association relationships, centers of influence and vendor relationships among others. This position is responsible for developing a strong pipeline for new revenue growth as well as developing and maintaining relationships with existing accounts and bank partners to identify/solicit new revenue growth opportunities.
- Develop a strong pipeline for new revenue growth.
- Identify and solicit new revenue growth opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing accounts and banking centers/key bank partners.
- Successfully schedule and manage appointments with clients.
- Attain monthly sales quota.
- Self source outside referrals and leads.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience selling Merchant, Bankcard or Financial Services.
- Outstanding sales, business development and negotiation skills.
- Strong hunter in customer-centered sales with a desire to exceed expectations and quotas.
- Ability to develop new business through prospecting.
- Previous client base in similar field or face to face outside sales environment.
- Ability to multitask and change direction in ever changing payment processing environment.
- Strong communications, including oral and presentation skills.
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated to succeed in a performance driven environment.
- Multi-lingual ability. ( Spanish Required )
- High School Diploma.
- 2+years of salesexperience (orBachelor’sdegree in lieu ofexperience).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn various sales applications such as AMA, Salesforce.com, and 1Star.
- Works in varied environments involving sitting and standing. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile. Ability to utilize a tablet and telephone prolonged periods of time. Ability to visit and move around at client sites including the ability to maneuver in a variety of places. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that may weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
- Travel isrequiredto perform essential functions of the role.
- Responsible forsupporting regulatory requirementsunder the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and otherAnti-Money Launderinglaws, rules, and regulations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.